Accommodation – We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by friendly staff that from the word go wanted to make our holiday extra special and our stay at their hotel as stress free and relaxing as possible. Our room 171 was located beachfront and had all the facilities you could require. Very spacious, great mirrors, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, fridge, super king bed and plenty of space for storing clothes. A lovely balcony and a great view being located practically on the beachfront.
Food/restaurants – Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and evening dinner were plentiful and lots of different choices and variety each day. Everything was constantly replenished so there was no rush to eat your meals before everything had gone. Lovely to try some of the Bajan dishes and I will never cook my corn on the cob any other way than their way from now on.
Beach bar – Excellent service from Drifters in particular from Jacqueline who insisted we didn’t get up from our beds and were there to relax and enjoy our holiday whilst she brought over whatever drinks we required. Some nice cocktails, rum punch and rum sours.
Entertainment – A good all round mix of entertainment and some really great vocals from some of them. Enjoyed the Manager’s cocktail party, accompanied by music played on steel pans which gave you a real Caribbean holiday feeling.
Beach – Ok so as you may have read from other reviews the beach at the front of the hotel is on a coral reef so small rocks are dotted around; however this does not prevent you from wading in for a cool off in water that is the temperature of a warm bath. Also if you walk to the corner of the beach practically 100 metres away begins a stretch of white sand with stunning views and a lovely stroll. Then there is the free shuttle bus to Carlisle Bay with beautiful white sand and crystal clear water. The bar there is included in your all inclusive package and the hotel will provide a packed lunch which you can store in the fridge at the beach bar. Beach towels are provided by the hotel and renewed every day.
Staff – We never met one member of staff who didn’t say good morning, how are you and could they help you in any way. What a lovely group of people from the Management, bar staff, kitchen staff, grounds men, beach guys, even your security staff. Savannah Beach you should be extremely proud of your entire workforce!!
Island – We hired a car through Virgin and recommend you do this. It took us near enough a full day to drive the whole island but it was so worth it, there are some stunning beaches, beautiful churches and breathtaking scenery to see. There are also some lovely restaurants within a short distance from the hotel and it is really cheap to dine on some excellent food overlooking the sea if you fancy a change for dinner. Wildlife is plentiful. Green monkeys in the hotel trees and playing on the beach, turtles that bob up and down close to the shore. Lots of lovely fish and birds and some beautiful flowers. There is also the racecourse to see across the road, where you can see the horses training and in their stables being groomed, where you can chat to the very friendly staff there. Taxi’s are cheap but there are also local buses which will take you anywhere on the island for 2 dollars.
Would we recommend and return? Most definitely. The hotel totally exceeded our expectations, the weather was fabulous, and the island has so much to offer and see but the biggest asset of Barbados is the Bajan people. The most polite, friendly and helpful nation we have ever met and some really great characters.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.