We're currently staying here at the Savannah Beach Hotel, Barbados. The hotel and staff are great, very accommodating, very pleasant and courteous, not afraid to help in anyway.
The only "but" we have is, The Entertainment. Whilst the variety of evening entertainment at the Drifters Bar, so far has been very good, the only criticism is, by 10.30pm, everything has finished, and whilst the bar stays open until 1.30am, there are not many of us left, as it is very quiet. Could be as the average age of the guests seem to be of retirement age, and we are not quite there yet!!!
If you are a beach person, the beach is not one for swimming, but don't let that put you off, as the hotel puts on complimentary shuttle to a fantastic beach a few minutes away, also, whilst the pool is only 3.6 metres throughout, it is a great place to lay around, chill and unwind and cool down in.
Otherwise, cannot fault this hotel, it is a 3.5 star hotel, and you get what you pay for. It is well kept, well managed and good value for money.
A "must" is, get on the local bus, just 2 local bucks will take you anywhere, and quite an experience...all good fun!
We have another 10 days here, and certainly look forward to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, HotelsClick, Despegar.com and Regatta Hotels so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings