Just returned from The Savannah Beach. Had a lovely holiday.
Flight out with Virgin was excellent.Transfer was 30 mins. Check in 5 mins. Taken direct to room by reception staff. We had a Pool View Deluxe Double , and bought Club direct from the Hotel. The room was spot on. Massive comfortable bed, large room and balcony, adequate bathroom. Very quiet except for the birds to wake you up, and the tree frogs to send you to sleep.
Two main restaurants Drifters ( on Beach) for lunch and buffet dinners. Rachels for breakfast and Waiter Dinner. Service is what you would expect in barbados, laid back and with a smile but not quick. You just go with the flow.
Food. Bearing in mind that this is a 3 Star Hotel the quality is good...however there is no excuse for the food being cold , which more often than not it was. The Head Chef is responsible and I would replace him because it drags the repute down. That is my only grouse.
If you are interested in Bajan history this is the prefect base, within easy walking distance are The Garrison/ Racecourse/Parliament/Presidents House etc. Racing is every fortnight and was great fun ( 800 yards away). If you walk to the other side of The Hilton, early in the morning, you will see the boys exercising the horses in the sea.
Club upgrades give you a Club room with fully stocked bar/fridge. Club decking on the beach, with deluxe beds served with drinks by the very hard working Dexter and Jacqueline, every 30 mins and other treats. Please tip them!
The Beach:- had I believed some reviews I would have worried. All beaches in Barbados are Public. The "Savannah" beach is protected as it is a Turtle area ( in season) . Forty feet to the left is a warm beautiful swimming area ( just outside The Amaryllis Hotel) There are tides of over 8 feet in Barbados, so you can see rocks!
The Hotel swimming pool is adequate, but the lazy river pool is perfect. Cool and clear.
We booked a Catamaran/swimming with Turtles trip from the Uk with Silver Moon. Fantastic. Only twelve passengers. All Inc.
Overall if you want a 1,000 bed Resort, with all day entertainment this hotel is not for you. It is 80 beds with good evening entertainment, good facilities and rooms. It just needs improve its food husbandry.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Beach Hotel
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.