We stayed at the Savannah Beach Resort in January 2013 for 1 week on our Honeymoon and had an excellent time.
The Resort is a half hour drive from the Airport, 10 mins drive from St Lawrence Gap (Restaurants & Beaches) & 5 minute Drive from the centre of Bridgetown (Boat Tours & Diving).
We stayed in a Delux Garden view Room at the top of the complex, overlooking the Gardens and fountains and it was perfect. As you can see in the photo's, the rooms are very spacious, well decorated and have a LARGE four poster bed. Everything was spotlessly clean and the friendly housekeeping guys came in everyday.
It's a nice quiet are of the resort at night and the view from the balcony overlooking the fountains and gardens is beautiful. It's also a good distance from the Beach Club at the bottom of the resort so you if you want to get an early night, you wont be able to hear the Live Bands playing down there. (although I would recommend going to watch the live music as it's a great night and the guys at the bar make great cocktails).
There's also free WIFI throughout the Resort, and although I didn't get good signal in the room, It was perfect out on the Balcony. There is also a computer with free Web Access in the Main Reception area of the Hotel.
The beach at the bottom of the complex is a little small and the sea can be hard to navigate due to the large amount of Coral in that area. It's not great for swimming, but it's still a very nice place to be. We hired a Mini-Moke for the week, so we spent a lot of our time exploring the hundreds of other beaches on the island.
I cant really comment on the food a the Hotel as we ate out everyday in the local restaurants which are excellent and well worth a visit.
Overall, The Savannah Beach is a fantastic, quiet little resort which is in a great location if you like to spend your days out and about. We had an excellent time there, due in no small part to the friendliness of the Staff who are always happy to help. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay in Barbados and We will definitely make our way back there soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings