Stayed here for ten nights in January. Being a three star hotel, we didn't have unrealistic expectations and so were able to enjoy the hotel very much. On most levels it exceeded our expectations. Rooms are very spacious, big half tester beds, nicely furnished large balconies and spacious, if dated, bathrooms. Hotel is kept really clean. Food was much better than we expected, the A La Carte at Rachel's was normally delicious. Portions are on the small side, but with the overall volume of food consumed during the day, that is quite welcome by the evening!
Drifters beach cafe was fine for lunch a good buffet selection of hot and cold dishes, but I don't understand why people would choose to eat there again at night, when Rachel's offers a much nicer evening experience, it feels like going out for a proper dinner, rather than the canteen like atmosphere at Drifters. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. Although there is the egg station, which is fine, it's baffling that a Carribean hotel should rely so heavily on tinned fruit and carton juices, when there must surely be an abundance of fresh fruit available? We have stayed at similar quality hotels on other Carribean islands and been delighted with the fresh fruit on offer.
Staff are generally excellent, friendly, professional and very hard working. The only exception were some of the reception staff, who seem to have forgotten how to smile. The hotel,is well positioned, it's lovely to be able to stroll along the beach in both directions, to the right you can walk to the Hilton Hotel, cut through the lane just before it, skirt round onto Carlisle Beach, and walk all the way into Bridgetown if you want (about 45 mins). This walk will take you past the other beach that the hotel shuttle runs to, by the Cococabana Bar. Many reviewers have preferred this wider beach to the one outside our hotel, but we like the more intimate feel,of the Savannah beach area. It's handy though to be able to use your all inclusive tag to get a drink at Cococabana whilst on a beach walk, but remember, they will,only honour this on the days the Savannah shuttle runs (Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun). Walk to the left on the Savannah beach and you are soon on the Boardwalk, we enjoyed the stroll right along to Accra Beach ( about 30 mins), and rewarded our efforts with a nice cocktail at Champers, high up,over the beach with wonderful views.
There are a few little niggles about this hotel that stop it from getting the full 5 points. They seem to have a problem with their bathroom linen, getting hand towels in your room was a bit of a lottery, no one knew from one day to the next if they'd get any, and housekeeping would just say they'd run out, surely an easy thing to fix? The one adjective we used repeatedly was 'happhazard', the weekly entertainment and dining list was always wrong, something that was scheduled to happen never did, but then a completely unscheduled act would turn up elsewhere ! It kept us guessing, so no chance to get bored!
On the whole through, this is an excellent little hotel, the charm and friendliness of the staff seem to rub off on the guests, we have never had such a nice time on holiday chatting to so many other couples.
A final word about trips out, as its so easy to stroll from the hotel we only did two proper trips, a one day car hire ( beware at peak times it's quite a struggle to organise car hire) to tour the island, a great day out and really nice to see the very different character of each coast. We did a catamaran trip (Cool Runnings) which was amazing - see separate Trip Adviser review. And - being just across the road, we sauntered over to the Race Track for a Saturday afternoon meet, at about £3 a head for a seat in the stand, fantastic value and great fun.
It's a great little hotel and a lovely island with very friendly people, a perfect holiday destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings