Like most I read but don't review. Having read some of the negative reviews I felt I had to put fingers to keys.
We had a deluxe courtyard view room, these are nearest to Rachel's restaurant but aren't noisy. As an upper room they get either morning or afternoon sun on the balcony, something you don't really get with the poolside rooms.
We found the staff at the hotel brilliant, speaking to people that had been before, over the last year or so since Virgin took them on they've come on leaps and bounds. They were all well informed, friendly and reasonably efficient.
The food - breakfasts, a good mix of traditional english cooked, cold meats, and the star being the 'eggs to order' bar where great omlettes were made.
Drifters - For lunch there was plenty of choice and variety each day, if you stay more than a week you'll get repetition but always 3 or 4 good dishes to choose from which incorporate Bajan as well as world favourites like Lasagne.
Rachels - we ate from both the a la carte and set menus and thought the dishes were great, perhaps a better rotation of dessert would be my only criticism. Less Coldplay though please!
The entertainment in Drifterswas better than the dodgy club singers you usually encounter too. If you want a lazy beach holiday with really needing to leave the hotel you'll be well set. If you want boring corporate, stay at the big name hotel down the road, if you want a little quirkly but clean stay here. We will definitely be back.
Criticisms - The pool could be open a little more than it was. Drifters at night was occasionally not as well staffed as it could be leading to a bit of a wait for a drink (this was the exception though). Also, towels especially face cloths in the room was a bit hit and miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings