My partner and I spent 10 days at the Savannah Beach from 8th of January. We stayed in The Plantation house and just adored it, high ceilings, shuttered windows, wood floors and wonderfullly light and airy, full of charm and history ( this is the oldest hotel on the Island ). We had a look at the other rooms in the newer building and they were lovely too but more executive/modern style. The staff are all friendly, helpful and courteous and we thought the food was amazing both at Rachels restaurant and buffet style at drifters, compliments to the chef and all the kitchen staff. I loved the birds flying around as I was having breakfast.. How could you not?
There isn't a bad beach in Barbados if one isn't to your liking then just walk five minutes either direction they are all public, just the beds belong to the hotels not the sea and the sand!
Oistins on Friday night is fun but busy for tables to eat so get there early ( we had to wait about 1 hour to be served )
We loved the virgin ahoy catamaran trip once again great staff and food aboard and we swam with turtles and snorkelled. We booked this with Donna the rep who was efficient and available and friendly.
We took a walk to the race track and the staff were welcoming at the trainers stables and allowed us to walk around the yard and meet the race horses, goats, sheep and kittens.
We can recommend the Barbados museum by the race track and the garrison area in general as it's a unesco world heritage site.
We travelled every where by bus or foot, the buses are frequent and only 1 US dollar each and play great music.
We also went horse riding at Ocean echo stables and had a wonderful time even though my partner has never riden a horse before, the horses were well cared for and obviously loved.
All in all we had the perfect holiday and I would definitely go back to the Savannah beach as I felt it was a home from home. All the staff should be congratulated a big hug to the adorable Susan and hopefully we will see you again. Many thanks Ruth and Nick
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Venere, HotelsClick, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.