“dirty.disgusting food.don't believe the brochure” 1 of 5 stars

You added Savannah Beach to your Saves list
Savannah Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Hastings, Hastings, Barbados   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hastings
“dirty.disgusting food.don't believe the brochure”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

dirty floors everywhere.food terrible.poor entertainment.seems like staff just been recruited.bars dirty.staff couldn't make even a rum punch.asked for a Irish coffee ?? received a glass of Baileys with coffee on top.my advice to anyone thinking of savannah beach for a holiday is don't.you would be better of in benidorm.and save 5k sir Richard Branson should check out his hotels.in one word this one disgusting.even the beach is filthy

• Stayed December 2012
SavannahManagement, Manager at Savannah Beach, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are disheartened to learn that you were not satisfied with certain aspects of your holiday and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. As discussed prior to your departure, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to identify and correct any deficiencies in our service delivery. We truly regret that our management team were not sucessful in their efforts to make you comfortable or to satisfy your requests while you were with us. It is always our intention to exceed our guest expectations and to ensure their overall comfort and contentment. We hope that in the future, you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence and to make our property your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
St Albans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned today from a week at the savannah, rooms 355/355. Read all reviews and can honestly say that there are positive and negatives. Found the staff on the whole very friendly but there where some in Rachel's that could be very off at times.
Sharon was absolutely lovely and always smiled. Also Antony was great he always made my son feel special. Linda was always so accommodating.
Tracia was excellent in organising a night for my family after a bad experience. She is a credit to your staff!
There are some issues with the beach but I do believe that's being addressed.
All in all a very enjoyable week. Having been to Barbados 4 times I do feel that the all inclusive is hitting the rest of the market hard with regards to people eating and drinking out.
Thanks to you all!

• Stayed January 2013
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Savannah from 16th to 28th December and thoroughly enjoyed it! The hotel staff are nice, the food is good, especially the a la carte in Rachel's. breakfast was great, and afternoon tea served in drifters each day at 4pm is a lovely time to sit and watch the sun go down with a glass of wine or a cocktail. The beach is small but no a problem at all as stretches for miles either side of the Savannah. You can walk along the boardwalk, we stopped off for lovely cocktails at Tapas bar. There is quite a lot o see in Barbados and I can recommend the following:-
Limegrove cinema which is a short bus ride is fab, on a Monday and Tuesday evening its 15 dollars (£5) and there are beds and huge armchairs with leg rests. You get served food and drinks through the film, it's so posh......we saw Skyfall! Go to Holetown and Speights town, you'll see how the other half live as this is where Sandy Lane etc is. The island jeep safari is amazing, you get to see the whole island and do some fun off reading too, along with a lovely lunch at a hotel included.

In summary it's a great hotel for value for money, rooms are large, beds are massive and very comfy, bathrooms are clean but need updating very soon! Food and drinks are fine, beach bar is very cosy and quite good entertainment....but everyone goes to bed here by 11pm! The only thing to report on not such a good note was that quite a lot of children got ear infections from the pool. The main pool area by drifters bar kept going green and murky and it was closed a lot. They would seem to add chemicals and filter it, but it would return to murky again within a couple of days. You need to sort this savannah staff.......it lets the hotel down and costs people a lot in doctors bills!!

All in all, I'd recommend this as a couples, single person or family hotel and encourage you to go and have a great time.

One last tip.....the weather wasn't that good in December, apparently it's much better from when the cricket season starts, which is mid Jan. but be warned, you'll still burn through the clouds!!!

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for a pool access room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Calumet City, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my birthday in September and I traveled with 5 other girls and in order to enjoy ourselves we stayed at the bar. The staff was very nice but didn't seem to care about our concern of the room. For this to be a 4 star resort I give it a 2 and that's being nice. The food wasn't that great...the site says it has 4 restaurant and 3 bars. I only saw two restaurants Chopsticks was always closed. I also don't like sharing my food with flying birds...I mean they were everywhere!!! They would fly by the food and staff didn't do anything. The beach was beautiful and Ostins was nice place to go on Fridays. My room was from a scene in a horror movie. The shower curtains were dirty the lights didn't work in the bathroom and on top of that they shut the hot water off at night. I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SavannahManagement, Manager at Savannah Beach, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it is a useful tool in our training and development. We are disheartened to learn that we fell short of your expectation, as it is always our intention to provide favorable memories to all our guests. To this end, we host weekly activities so our guests can get an opportunity to experience our Barbadian culture; at our weekly manager's barbecue there are quizzes, games and other competitions which are lots of fun and allow staff and guests interaction. To add variety to our dining options we provide entertainment, themed dinners at Drifter's restaurant and at Rachel's we offer an a la carte menu or a rotational table d hote menu option each evening. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced whilst with us. We hope that at sometime in the future you would reconsider your decision and allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to our property.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just returned from 7 days at savannah beach.. I must say after reading other reviews I was a little worried about what to expect.. people need to remember when booking this is rated as a 3.5 star hotel.. if you want luxury then pay more and book a 5 star hotel!!!!!
You get what you pay for!
All that said.. i was very happy with size of room.. maids did a good job every day.. food was better then I thought it would be.. a good variety every day and the staff are brilliant.. all very helpful and so friendly.. nothing is too much.
The beach is quite small and gets very busy.. the stones are not too bad.. a minute walk to the right and you can walk straight in to the sea.
All in all I had a very nice time and was pleasantly surprised.
I would book the savannah again should I ever return to Barbados

• Stayed December 2012
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just returned from a ten day vacation in Barbados. Most all-inclusive resorts come with fully loaded fridges, beer, water and soda. The fridges were empty and when we asked about bottled water, we were told it was four dollars to purchase. Also should be more food available after dinner, even if only snacks. Most resorts have small grill area with fries, hot dogs nachos etc...Seems to be a bit under staffed, could use a few more employees, although the staff is working very hard to accommadate everyone. One more issue is the desk could let people know about the other beach that the shuttle goes to, the shuttle should be available everyday 9 to 5.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
london.uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I finally gave in to my urge to escape the freezing cold weather just before xmas. I was apprehensive as a woman travelling on my own.but I needn't have worried.

I have been to Barbados before and stayed at the Colony Club and the Amaryllis (next door to Savannah) but I can honestly say this hotel was friendlier and I found the standards high and I am going to return!

The room was big with a nice sofa and I did think about a Pool access room but glad I didnt pay an extra £98 for this as the pool which snakes round the hotel was easy to access. the shower is a bit tricky but you have a full size bath and ladies there is a hairdryer in the draw in the dressing table, dont use the bathroom one.

Breakfast for me was a leisurely affair and you can have a full english which I did and the omlettes were freshly made. I squeezed my own juice as there were plenty of oranges available. I loved sitting with the birds and it didnt bother me at all.... other guests need to understand this is the caribbean !! the birds are only small not like the seagulls in the UK! The restaurant staff were always welcoming and I noticed that some of the locals were eating in Rachels in the evening with their famiillies which must be a good sign...
Oh and the banana and ginger pancakes were delish !!

There is a nice beach the sea is rocky again I enjoyed watching the fish and sea critters under rocks.some guests spotted turtles swimming. I took the shuttle down to Copacobana beach hotel where you can get A/I drinks... the hotel also does a packed lunch one lady had so much we shared lunch together... a nice memory...If you go to this beach see Neville for the snorkelling with turtles and shipwrecks he was fantastic so encouraging and informative much better than the big catamaran trip I went on previously !!

Also watch out for the brilliant girl band Virgo!!! better than X factor. There is also a spa service which I didnt have time to use but oher guests recommended.

Anyone thinking of travelling alone especially ladies go for it .... I am already planning a return visit. Hello to Susan the head receptonist who came to see me as we share the same surname... a wonderful holiday thank you.

Room Tip: All lovely rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you will be returning. Our kitchen team takes great pride in cooking up those daily breakfast specials and nothing is more enjoyable than having your omelette prepared in front of you with any filling of your choice. Thank you for all your recommendations and for highlighting the features of the hotel and commending our staff ; Susan will be happy to know you mentioned her service. On your next visit you will see more improvements and changes as we are continuously looking for ways to add variety to our operation and to make our guests visits enjoyable and memorable. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home!

Been to Savannah Beach? Share your experiences!