I finally gave in to my urge to escape the freezing cold weather just before xmas. I was apprehensive as a woman travelling on my own.but I needn't have worried.
I have been to Barbados before and stayed at the Colony Club and the Amaryllis (next door to Savannah) but I can honestly say this hotel was friendlier and I found the standards high and I am going to return!
The room was big with a nice sofa and I did think about a Pool access room but glad I didnt pay an extra £98 for this as the pool which snakes round the hotel was easy to access. the shower is a bit tricky but you have a full size bath and ladies there is a hairdryer in the draw in the dressing table, dont use the bathroom one.
Breakfast for me was a leisurely affair and you can have a full english which I did and the omlettes were freshly made. I squeezed my own juice as there were plenty of oranges available. I loved sitting with the birds and it didnt bother me at all.... other guests need to understand this is the caribbean !! the birds are only small not like the seagulls in the UK! The restaurant staff were always welcoming and I noticed that some of the locals were eating in Rachels in the evening with their famiillies which must be a good sign...
Oh and the banana and ginger pancakes were delish !!
There is a nice beach the sea is rocky again I enjoyed watching the fish and sea critters under rocks.some guests spotted turtles swimming. I took the shuttle down to Copacobana beach hotel where you can get A/I drinks... the hotel also does a packed lunch one lady had so much we shared lunch together... a nice memory...If you go to this beach see Neville for the snorkelling with turtles and shipwrecks he was fantastic so encouraging and informative much better than the big catamaran trip I went on previously !!
Also watch out for the brilliant girl band Virgo!!! better than X factor. There is also a spa service which I didnt have time to use but oher guests recommended.
Anyone thinking of travelling alone especially ladies go for it .... I am already planning a return visit. Hello to Susan the head receptonist who came to see me as we share the same surname... a wonderful holiday thank you.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.