There were a lot of little things that could be improved about our stay here and a few big issues that needed to be handled. We arrived and had to cart our own luggage down steep stairs to our room. Only to see the next day they did have a lift and a trolley!
Our room smelt mildly of damp, but I thought maybe it will pass! Only to find a few days later that our bathroom was leaking after some heavy rain. We had 2 large leaks and clearly it had leaked before hence the damp smell! Phoned reception didn't apologise of give much advice! Had to find a maintenance lady and get a mop bucket ourselves. It was Christmas Eve, so that ruined our night.
The food in Rachael's restaurant from the al a carte menu is good. A lot of the locals spoke highly of it. The buffet night food wasn't as great. Breakfast is a nice idea with the birds flying around, but practically a bit annoying when you have to watch your back on the chairs in case of bird poo. And don't leave uneaten food unattended as the birds will be at your plate.
Drifters beach restaurant serves buffet food and is hit and miss. On the whole ok for lunch.
The service from the staff is what could have made a real difference to the holiday. I would say 5 out of the 30 or so staff that we encountered were approachable and seemed happy to help. The rest all need serious training on Customer service skills. To me they didn't seem like they wanted to be there and gave off a bad vibe. They don't know how to deal with complaints, small gestures can turn a situation around.
The beach strip is long, but the bit for savannah hotel specifically is a bit cramped, and at about 3.30-4.30 near the kitchen area of the beach,there was a nasty sewage smell everyday. The beach staff for the loungers were really helpful though. Make sure you get some protective footwear for when you go in the sea, as it is very pebbly and rocky underfoot.
The room size is ok for a couple. The bed is big and the room size is ok. Decor is a bit dated, especially the bathrooms. Our bed was a bit uncomfortable also.
When we complained about our room, they did offer to move us, but we only had two nights left. I believe they only had smaller rooms to offer us. But when it came to check out they still charged us for the 2 bottles of water we had. It would have been a nice gesture to waive this at least! This is where I think they do all need serious training in customer service. It would make the hotel ok then.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.