Just returned from a 2 week visit and will return. Concerned about the November weather but sun every day with whispy white clouds and temperatures mid eighties low nineties. All english speaking guests and staff made it easy to make friends .The hotel is on an incline so you enter on the 5th floor which is where Rachels the breakfast and main dining area is as well. We had a pool access room on the first (ground) floor which in reality is access the 3ft 6in deep river which goes in a complete loop. The main pool is small and again 3ft 6 so no good if your into diving etc. You can leave the room via the pool access door but must remember to lock it via the inner handle first.You are not given a key to enter via this door so have to go around to the front door to enter with the card key providing that is you have'nt forgot and left it in the room!
Food was acceptable both in Rachels and Drifters with a variety each day. Location of the hotel was ideal with Bridgetown and more local shops and restaurants (if you fancy a change) all close by. Buses are plentiful for travelling anywhere with bus stops close by. Surprisingly the only fast food chain that has made it on to the island is KFC although they have a McBurger equivalent called Cheffete if your into that.
Took previous reviewers advice and took our beach shoes which are needed even for light paddling on the hotels pebbly beach. Better sandy beaches for swimming close by though. You must take the free shuttle which goes 4 times a week to close by Carlisle bay. It really is beautiful plus you get free sun beds and drinks. We travelled all around the islands beaches including Crane which is rated top 10 worlds best but thought Carlisle better,
Early sleepers so did not see much of the entertainment at Drifters but we could here it finish at around 11 each night.
Must mention the frogs which although the size of a postage stamp can make an incredibly loud whistle throughout the night. So if your a light sleeper then take earplugs.
Check out my pictures. I've tried to include some a bit different from already posted.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Venere, HotelsClick, Otel and Expedia so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.