“Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Hastings
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Delicatessen, Pasta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Benvenuti a Mama Mia!This little nest of Italian delight based on the south coast of Barbados is a favourite with both locals and tourists alike. Mama Mia provides an intimate and authentic slice of Italian heaven right here in Barbados.Upon entering our restaurant you are greeted by Mama Giuse who welcomes you to her home away from home. You can then head straight to each food station and choose from either our paninis, salads or our hot food specials which change daily. If you fancy something extra special then you may want to try our pizza station equipped with a traditional Italian pizza oven!Our lovely staff will take your order and you can sit down and relax. You can settle your bill later. Mama wants to make sure that first and foremost you are enjoying yourself and her food.In a rush? Then feel free to give us a call and we will prepare food for you to collect to take with you! However you choose to enjoy Mama Mia's restaurant, we know you won't be disappointed.
west mids england
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice while in Barbados. The first time was our first night and it was opposite our hotel. It was busy and I would suggest you book in advance. They did find us a table and we had pizzas, which were great. Second time was with another couple and again because we hadn't booked there was a wait but worth it, food very fresh and atmosphere great.

Visited February 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Always Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

When you need a change from flying fish cutters and Oistins, pay a visit to Mama`s. The food is always great. The minestrone soup is one of the best I`ve ever tasted and the pizza is excellent, with a thin crust and lots of delicious toppings to choose from. Desserts are fabulous too, from gelato to homemade tiramisu....all good. The service is friendly and efficient and Mama herself is usually working in the restaurant, going from table to table making sure her customers are happy. A good sign in itself. It is a very popular spot with locals and tourists, so a reservations is a must.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Visited three times during two week holiday and each time we were warmly welcomed, the service was very good and the food was excellent. Would highly recommend Mama Mia's!

Visited January 2014
Toronto
“Pleasantly Surprised at the Good Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had walked by Mama Mia's several times and had noted that it always looked busy and smelled delicious, so I decided to try it before I left Barbados - I'm glad I did! I had the pizza and it was surprisingly good - thin crust, tasty toppings, cooked to perfection. There was a decent wine list and the menu had a variety of items. There were lots of choices for dessert, and though what I had was ok (some kind of mango/guava sorbet that would have been a bit better if it had been freshly plated), I regret not trying the gelato.

The place is busy so I would recommend a reservation if you plan on eating here. I liked sitting outside on the patio - which is conveniently covered in case it rains. I would definitely come back to this restaurant, and I think there's enough variety that most people would be able to find something they liked. I usually don't leave TripAdvisor reviews for restaurants, but this place went out of their way to encourage feedback (on a card with the bill - not in an invasive way by a waiter) which made me feel like they value the opinions of their customers. This focus on customer service can also be seen in the friendliness of their staff and in the fact that food arrives in a reasonable time. I found the pricing to be average and major credit cards are accepted.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The food was excellent, the service was good and the waitress that we had on the few occasions that we ate there was funny and nice. Would recommend it highly.

Visited January 2014