“Give it a miss” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Romany Inn

The Romany Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bampton
The Romany Inn
You added The Romany Inn to your Saves list
3 Bridge Street, Bampton OX18 2HA, England   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Bampton B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great little town and a good restaurant - the Biztrot. But the Romany was disappointing. The room was dirty - dusty tea cups, black mould on the window and shower. The beds were clean but you could feel the mattress springs as you tried to sleep. A spacious room, but old, tired and not clean.
The breakfast was 'full English' with tea or coffee, but no juice, cereal or refills of coffee or toast. Definitely wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Just had a great meal for a bargain price - really warm welcome from informative friendly landlady and landlord. Wish we had found it earlier! Best mixed grill my hubby has had in a long time and my minted lamb was so tender - highly recommended. We had a look at the rooms too, they are clean and comfortable - good value for money too. Downtown Abbey scenery, cotswolds warm welcome and heritage - what more could you want. The Romany Inn can offer, corporate, wedding parties, cream teas, Sunday roasts, Steak nights, curries to name but a few, wish we had one on our doorstep :) Thank you we had a good night

Room Tip: Great value for money - good wholesome home cooked food
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at The Romany Inn. Very warm and friendly welcome by landlord and landlady. Accomodation very comfortable and warm! Shower hot and overall very clean with everything you would need. Great location about 10 miles from Oxford Central. We had an evening meal which was an absolute bargain, also bar prices very reasonable. Landlord very friendly and helpful at suggesting where to go nearby. Would definately go back again. Breakfast was very good too and set us up for the day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Akrotiri, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Mike & Glynis the landlord and landlady, are the perfect couple with thier customers being thier number 1 priority. I stayed in this B&B for 10 nights and was treated very well, the rooms have everything you need. On my first morning to my horror the shower was freezing so i mentioned it to the landlord that morning after returning that afternoon they had replaced the shower, any problems not that there was anymore for me and they sort them straight away. The food is amazing Glynis should have been a pro chef the food was always hot and fresh and looked amazing and was very filling. it was like a home from home. i would recommend this to anyone either on thier own or with others i was alone there but was made to feel welcome by all.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet ask for the rooms out the back rather than above the pub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a lovely Pub/B&B with a helpful, affable owner. The room was nice, although the pillows were much too hard. Then came the bill. I was quoted 45 pounds as the rate per night by Late rooms.com. I had two glasses of wine at 3.60 each. In my math that comes to 7.20 + 45 = 52.20 pounds. I was charged over 66 pounds.
Even with taxes if there were any, that is a huge difference. As I did not have a print out of my rate, I did not argue. But I felt totally ripped off and would never go there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a lovely old pub with B&B facilities.
The owners were very welcoming and friendly, making us feel at home. They have two very large dogs which are allowed into the pub/breakfast area during the day but did ask all the guests if they were happy with dogs prior to letting them roam free - if you say you uncomfortable with dogs then the owners will keep them away from the public rooms.
The room we stayed in was small but comfortable with enough hanging / drawer space for a couple of days stay. It had a TV and freeview, tea and coffee making facilities ( Ladies - no hairdryer, but I am sure if you asked they would provide one.) The furniture and bathroom facilities were a little dated but as this is a B&B we can overlook this. However I was disappointed that the room could have been cleaner, there was lots of dust on the skirting boards / window and it didn't look as if the room had been thoroughly cleaned prior to our stay. They were full and extremely busy so maybe this is just a one off.
Breakfast is in the restaurant area of the pub and breakfast was great - no complaints about the food, while we were there one of the guests asked for a veggie breakfast and this was supplied without any issue, once again great friendly service.
We didn't eat our evening meal at the pub so cannot comment on this but looked to be the normal kind of pub food served.
Last point there is not on site car park but we had no problem parking outside the pub.
Would I stay there again if I were in the area. Yes I would.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
somerset England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great pub and brilliant hospitality. bed was so comfy

Room Tip: My husband and Myself took my 83 year old Mum for the weekend and we had a great time. Every effort...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Romany Inn? Share your experiences!