“Perfect relaxing holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Atlantico

You added Hotel Atlantico to your Saves list
Hotel Atlantico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Diego Martelli 12, 57012 Castiglioncello, Rosignano Marittimo, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Castiglioncell...
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Perfect relaxing holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My Wife and I have travelled to most areas of Italy and we have never felt more rejuvenated and relaxed than at the Atlantico. The whole week there was perfect, but I was especially impressed with how friendly and helpful Giovanni and his wife were. The indoor pool is better than the photos suggest, and the breakfasts (including an immense amount of really nice cakes) were great. I cannot believe it is only a three star. Thank you Giovanni for a fantastic holiday! Ciao!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
Cinto Euganeo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. It is run by a wonderful family: nonna; son; daughter in law; grandson - all incredibly helpful and friendly. When I arrived at the station I phoned and nonna herself came to meet me! I stayed in, what they referred to as, a dependence. This is a villa, two doors down from the hotel itself. It has a lovely garden and pool. My room had a big terrace overlooking these and I was more than content during my visit. The decor was a bit strange: flock wallpaper on the doors, (!), but the rooms themselves were extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. The air-conditioning was very effective - the weather was pretty warm outside. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the beach, which was excellent. I would recommend Bagni Italia as the beach area with, by far, the best facilities - I didn't like Bagno Roma where I spent my first day: not clean enough for me and the loo was smelly. These little details can make or break a holiday. The hotel is very central and close to several restaurants and shops. Breakfast at Hotel Atlantico was fabulous. Warm croissants/cornetti; cakes; yoghurt; fruit; ham; cheese and excellent coffee. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in for ages. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony. The villa is lovely.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

A cozy small family hotel, located in the heart of the city, easy access to amenities and beaches. Availability of parking spaces.
Friendly and helpful staff, good cleaning.
From the lack of a very poor choice for breakfast, mostly homemade pastries, tasty but very much of her: (

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

For 3 boat crews we had 7 rooms over 2 weeks, we were given a warm welcome on day 1 that was warmer on the day we left, great people, always very helpful, it is not the Ritz but it is clean and tidy, and great value for money. The breakfast choices were cereals, meats and cheeses, yogurt and fruit, loads of home made cakes plus eggs cooked to order. The orange juice was fresh as you feed the oranges into the machine that squashed them for you.

• Stayed June 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

The hotel is strategically located, has an indoor pool which is convenient, however you can hear all that is goin on in the neighbouring rooms and bathrooms. The rooms are small with no practical surfaces to place your toiletries, computer, books, etc. i asked if they had a microwave oven to heat up my baby's food and they looked at me like i had asked for a golden dragon egg. Not worth the price they charge and we will not be coming back here.

• Stayed April 2012
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

The hotel is split across 2 buildings. The first (main building) houses the reception, couple of seating areas/ rooms/ bar dining room, indoor swimming pool and some rooms (with lift access). The second houses more rooms, a conservatory and the outdoor swimming pool.

We stayed in the second building which is lovely. The only downside was that we were on the top floor (3 floors) and this meant climbing the stairs, as no lift in this building, so if you have young children or are less mobile make sure you are clear when booking.

The rooms are clean and spacious and some days we were the only people at the outdoor pool.

The village itself is small, but perfectly formed :). With some lovely restaurants, shops, bars and a few beaches (on which you will be charged approx 25 euros for 2 beds for a day).

Our 5 days here were just enough and I would recommend Castglioncello & Hotel Atlantico.

FYI - Castiglioncello is busier on the weekends as this seems to be a resort where the local Italians visit. Also train travel was cheap & easy :)

Room Tip: Make sure you do mention if you are unable to use stairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was looking for a hotel on the coast near Pisa for a short stay to get over our flight from Australia. We run a cooking school in Lucca and it's important to get a few days R&R before diving into it. We had considered Cinque Terre but we had a car with a lot of luggage, plus wanted to be closer to Pisa Airport. After lots of research, I chose Castiglioncello and Hotel Atlantico and we were so pleased with our choice.
The hotel is lovely and the town is charming - it is a 5 minute walk to both sides of the penisula.
Senora Guiletta and her family & staff are most hospitable. Our room was spacious and opened onto a good sized terrace. The breakast choices were plentiful with a fresh OJ machine. WE ate dinner in the restaurant once. The primi pastas were homemade and very tasty. We weren't overwhelmed by the secondi. My husband's scalopinni with mozzarella was just that. A pale piece of meat smothered in melted cheese, no tomato sauce or anything else. However the service was good.
There is an outdoor pool, behind another building. The staff insisted on showing us how to get to it - takes two minutes and brought us drinks.
The indoor pool will make it a very desirable hotel in the chillier months.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Atlantico? Share your experiences!