We have just arrived back from a 2 week stay at the Matina and it was great. We have been to Pefkos twice before but this stay was the best by far. We stayed in 606 in the older block with a lovely sea view. All the staff are very helpful and we spent a lot of time in the People's Bar and therefore say a big thank you to Valentina, Anna and all the bar staff who work there. We really enjoyed Aussie Mark's quiz nights and also a lovely meal at the Restaurant Meltemi. A massive thank you goes to Jen, Nathan et. al. at the Kids Club for entertaining our 3 and 7 year olds - the 2 hour sessions and themed kids parties were excellent and gave me and my husband some much needed relaxation time. Thanks :-)
As for the resort of Pefkos - well there are numerous nice tavernas/restaurants to eat in and bars to have a few cocktails at. Highlights for us were Dama Dama, Nostalgia, Terpsis, Engima (although the 3rd time we ate there we had to wait 50 minutes between Starter & Mains - but they had a wedding on the top floor that night) and Artemis. Favourite bars - People's (of course), but also Peacock Bar (great happy hour offers on Cocktails, long drinks and Alpha beer), Jasmine (the kids loved the playground but it can get very busy) and Fuse. There are other bars too but we didn't get chance to go in all of them.
We highly recommend a trip or two into Lindos to a rooftop restaurant and also to the beach which is ideal for small children. Taxi is only €8 each way. Also if you can go on a trip to Rhodes town which we have done on all 3 of our Rhodes holidays, its beautiful and steeped in history.
Thanks again everyone at the Matina - now back to reality...
Leanne, Simon, Erin & Quinn :-)
- Also Known As:
- Matina Aparthotel Hotel
- Matina Aparthotel Hotel Pefkos
- Matina Aparthotel Pefkos, Rhodes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 50 metres from Pefkos main beach, the Matina hotel is the perfect location for a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday. The peaceful location and the friendly, fun atmosphere appeal to all types of guests, from families to couples and everything in between. Most importantly, we, the management and all staff at the hotel will do our very best to ensure the only thought in your mind when leaving the hotel is the idea of coming back again! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Matina Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.