We travelled as a family in October 2011. Our children have special dietry requirements so we contacted the hotel/complex in advance of travelling. Michelle was very helpful and even arranged to have some soya milk in the fridge in our appartment ready for our arrival. Donna was extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming to all of us. The complex is a short walk from the main resort and up a hill - not a problem for us, but might be for the less mobile. We had a two bedroom appartment which was enormous - really two appartments (two storeys). It was so big that our younger child insisted on sleeping downstairs, whilst our older had the upper floor to himself. The pool area was very clean, but really quite cold in October. The food was simple but good. Maria (I think) was also very helpful and we were able to bring/use our own margarine and discuss the food requirements. It was a real pleasure to be able to enjoy a breakfast poolside as a family - something we cannot normally do. The complex was very quiet, but is was out of season and we were the last people to leave before the whole place shut for the end of season.
Pefkos as a resort is quite small and many parts of it were closing in October, but nice and suited our needs for a short beak. There is a small beach near the hotel (about 5 mins walk) but was covered with lots of washed up bits off wood and the like (There had been storms in the weeks before which washed many things out to sea and then back onto the beaches.) Pefkos main beach was much nicer. There was a good mix of restaurants at the resort, including several family cafes with play areas.
Lindos is very very nice and we revisited this several times. The acropolis is worth a visit, but a steep climb. The beach is very good. It is clean and the fish swim around your feet whilst paddling. There are some basic watersports such as peddlos and kayaks. Its is great for snorkeling.
The bus trip to Rhodes town was quite an experience. Even out of season it was very hot and bumpy. Another good day trip all the same.
A great holiday and we were lucky with the weather too. With hindsight I am not sure if would travel in October again as things are just starting to close, getting a little colder and you can take your chances with the weather.
I woudl like to thank everyone at the Pefkos Village Resort for making our stay very special. We have many fond memories of our time with you.
- Also Known As:
- Pefkos Village Hotel Pefkos
- Pefkos Village Hotel
- Pefkos Village
- Pefkos Village Resort Rhodes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the outskirts of the resort and just 20 meters from a fantastic sandy bay, the Pefkos village Resort is the ideal place for a relaxing and unique holiday. The hotel is recently renovated and built in a traditional Greek style. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The complex is within a walking distance from the center of the resort and only 5 km from Lindos. most importantly the staff here will be more than happy to make sure you have a great holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pefkos Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.