“Great time at the Finas!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Finas Hotel Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pefkos
Finas Hotel Apartments
You added Finas Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
Pefkos, Greece   |
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Pefkos
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great time at the Finas!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have just returned from a week at the Finas via Olympic Holidays and Strategic Airlines (who were fine and on-time). Myself and my wife had a great time at the Finas and the best endorsement I can give is that I would go back tomorrow.

We booked this holiday last minute and we were originally heading the Lakes. Thank god we never ended up the Lakes after seeing the weather. The holiday was an absolute bargain and my first thoughts were that it was going to be 'too good to be true' - how wrong we were.

The room was basic but very clean with a small kitchenette and fridge (what more do you need).

The pool area was clean and there were always plenty of spare beds throughout the day.

The restaurant was also very good whether it was for breakfast, snacks or an evening meal. The highlight was the bar where the staff were brilliant although Aris wouldn't stop feeding me bloomin tequila.

The resort is also very relaxed with plenty of bars and really nice restaurants (we particularly enjoyed Nostalgia and Enigma). We went to Lindos for a couple of evenings and that was also really enjoyable. The beauty of Rhodes is that you have two completely different resorts practically next door to each other.

I honestly cannot fault the place and we will be looking to return in September - hopefully it will be a bit cooler.

Yamas - The Reeds/Big Fella/Scouse.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be very well positioned and had excellent views of the sea. Perhaps the onl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Thanks to Aris, Rachel,Francesca and not forgetting Theresa and all the fantastic people we met at Finas for making our holiday.Having read the reviews we were a wee bit anxious about the hotel but we booked last minute and got a great deal so we went with it. We were pleasantly surprised the hotel is in a lovely setting just a 5 min walk into the centre of Pefkos. The food at the hotel was very good both during the day and at night and very reasonable.However the close by Anixis Taverna was also excellent as was all the restaurants we visited.The rooms are fine they are typically basic as the kitchenette but unless you are planning to cook a 5 course meal you can get by. The linen and towels are changed regularly there might have been a few small issues with the cleanliness in areas of the room but maybe with some inspection by the hotel staff they could easily be sorted .Each apt is set out differently we were on the ground level which was fine but they also have some fantastic apt with huge balconies with stunning sea views. Overall we would definently be heading back to Finas don't be put off find out about it yourself........

Room Tip: ask for a higher level with sea view the ones at the front of the hotel looked lovely.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

So I went about 2 weeks ago, last minute random booking so didn't know what to expect. Overall, was very disappointed with the room, as we were on ground floor in the corner, so we had no balcony view and there was a 2inch gap under the door so insects and lizards came in. The room wasn't the safest with the patio door. The first night we got there we had to pay 50euros for aircon as it was unbearable without it. Near the bed was this weird brown cocoon dangling from the table, wondered what it was and later on found out it when i saw long spindly spider legs coming out from it. Not forgetting the lizard that lived in the aircon, and the spider that lived in the bathroom the whole time we stayed there and the ant trails. I didn't feel comfortable sleeping there at night. Also i found it not the most convenient place to stay with my dad and brother, as there was a double bed and a single but it was literally touching the door with the massive gap. Also there was no lock on the door of which being the only female I would have preferred. There was also a massive blood stain on my bed by the head area which i was not comfortable sleeping on as the sheets aren't tucked in, only placed loosely on top. Finally the noise there is awful!!! All you can hear is grass hoppers and insects all night which kept me awake. On the positive though, the bar staff were friendly, and the pool was pretty with a river going down towards the pool. Only a few days in it smelt awful with algae as it had fish in it and you could smell it even in the pool, so we found a nice free pool by accident near the beach, and stayed there the majority of the time. Lindos is a must visit though, and the waterpark and rhodes town.

Room Tip: not ground floor !
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My stay at the finas was BRILL i cant waitt to go back the pool was lovely and was not too packed,which i liked.The rooms were poor but very clean!
I Recomend this to everyone!
XOX

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
keighley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I have just had a lovely relaxing week away staying in the Finas Hotel in Pefkos returning on the 27thy June. As its not our main holiday this year It was mainly booked on price so we could get away to celebrate my birthday somewhere hot.
Although we are regular travellers to the Greek Islands and have not had a bad experience to date I must admit that reading some of the mixed reviews about the Finas I did wonder what it would be like? I certainly did not need to worry. Yes the apartment we stayed in was not the best. It did look a bit shabby but generally it was clean. The cleaners were in most days changing towels and the bed sheets changed ever 2nd day. Yes the "self catering" facilities are poor but I can honestly say all we ever use when we go are the fridge and kettle. Going out to different resteurants ever night is surely a big part of the holiday.
The pool area and bar are excellent with more than enough sun beds for all.The pool itself is very clean and well looked after and could not be faulted.

This is the first time we have been this early in the year and some days the pool was fairly quiet even though the hotel was fully booked however this may not be the case during the school holidays.

All the staff without exception are very friendly and helpful. The bar prices are very good Euro 2.50 for a pint of Mythos: Euro 4.30 for a pint of Magners and the same for a Gin & Tonic type drink. All threse scare stories about paying Euro 9.00 for a drink because of the trouble with the Greek economy are so wide of the mark its unreal.
The food at the Finas is as good as any of the resteurants we ate at in Pefkos and again very reasonably priced and value for money.

We paid £248 each for a week at the Finas so when you take into account that it is a 4 hour flight and the Airline probably take most of that I bet if the hotel are getting less than £10 per night for you to stay their then I think that represents excellent value.
If people want 5 Star accomodation then they have to be prepared to pay for it, but knowing some people they would still find something to moan at.
Please dont be put off by negative reviews of the Finas, I have tried to be as balanced and objective as possible with my review. Pefkos is a lovely little place with lovely people and we will definately go back again(which is something we dont normally do) be warned though out of the many Islands I have visited this certainly the hottest. Even in June the temp was over 40 deg.
Relax & enjoy

Margate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed there 13 - 20 June 2012 we had a great time, staff great, rooms basic but fine,
Only downside is the pool area kept on having a smell of the sewers during the day, perhaps it needs a look @.
We would deffo go back no question or hesitation.Aris behind the bar needs to change his football team though, thanks for a great time

Room Tip: must have air con if its very warm
Bingley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My Husband and I are regular visitors to Pefkos, we met working on the Island a few years ago and now come back with our kids, my Husband knows Yannis the owner and he was so pleased to see us, all the staff are great ,Theresa and Rachel on reception are lovely, very helpful, Irene and Peri lovely and Aris is great fun, we had a great week, the accommodation is typical of the resort , basic but clean, we had room 181 which has 2 balconies and amazing sea view, the bar is great, food superb, Greek night was great value, having worked as reps we aren't so bothered about doing trips and Greek nights but it was good fun and the girls enjoyed,Pefkos as a resort is hard to beat, we love it as do our children, we visit friends but each time we came back we were welcomed by the staff, we had a great holiday and we will be back,fantastic value for money and anyone who says different clearly does not understand Greece !!!!

Room Tip: Room 181 best view of the sea
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Finas Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!