“Fish” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
HOWE
“Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

You have to make some effort to find this restaurant, but it is worth it. Fresh fish, nice owners, good vino. What else do you want. And if bruschetta is not free, ASK FOR IT because it is d e l i c e o u s. It is part of the meal. Ask for local "travarica" brandy, too. Good choice of fish and well prepared. Inside is AC-d but not to the point you want to go out to worm up. It is not fancy restaurant, it is one where you eat what is cooked for you on sight. Wait for the food and enjoy it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
zlatneskoljke, Owner at Zlatne skoljke, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for the review and we are so glad you had good time with us.
Bruschetta is always here as a introduction to great meal.
Hope to see you again in our restaurant.
Regards!

Guam, Mariana Islands
“Good food ruined by bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had the garlic soup which was great. Delicious and very creative.
however, the experience was ruined when the waitress brought over Bruchette which we didn't order and thought was complimentary. It turned out that when I asked, it was not free and they just brought it over so they could charge us for it later.
Later when we finished the meal, they brought over candied almonds which we did not order and I asked her to take them away because I didn't want to get charged for them. She replied "Don't panic. On the house."
I thought this was rude considering, she tried to scam us earlier.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
zlatneskoljke, Manager at Zlatne skoljke, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review but we are sorry that you didn't enjoyed it fully in Zlatne skoljke.
Couvert (in which are included bruschette) is not included in the price, and it is common in restaurants in Croatia. We are sorry for the misunderstanding and hope that it didn't ruined your overall impressions.
We do try to do best for our guests!
Sibenik, Croatia
“Mr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Best place in Skradin town , not where the lokal people goes only strangers . . good sea food nice prices and fast service.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for the review!
Hope you will visit us again.
Regards!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best garlic soup ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Missed the bus home so had a 3 hour wait. Not many restaurants to choose from so chose this one because of the reviews. The staff were great & really helpful. I ordered garlic soup & my boyfriend ordered fish soup. Both were very good!! Mine was slightly better though. We then had chicken in mushroom & truffel sauce with croquette potatoes. Not had croquettes for years but they were great. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Great you found us on Trip advisor :)
And we are so glad you enjoyed your meal.
Regards form Skradin!
Leominster, United Kingdom
“Great food and a great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited Zlatna školjka on the recommendation of close friend, with whom we were vacationing.

We were braving the Bura whilst visiting Skradin (For us Brits is was perfectly fine, although the locals all apologised for the 'poor weather'!) and the warmth of the day saw us wishing to eat outside.

We were directed to a pretty little courtyard which seemed to be surrounded by the kitchens and preparation area's and the stone staircases to living area's.

We were seated at an attractive table and given the menus. I was pleasantly surprised to see a wonderful array of seafood dishes and a healthy choice of meat dishes also available.

We had some bruschetta to start and large basket of various fresh breads was delivered to the table. We also shared a lovely fresh salad.
I had the obligatory beer and after seeing an amazing array of Croatian wines, asked for a House White Wine also. I really can't make enough fuss over the quality of the wine. It was superb! And this from a 'house' wine. Absolutely amazing.

For the main part of our lunch, my friend chose the Green gnocchi and prawns and I chose the local specialty mushrooms with gnocchi. It was such a beautiful presented and utterly delicious dish. As friends do, we tasted each others lunch. I began to regret not being adventurous enough to try one of the local seafood delicacies. Hey ho...next time for sure!
The food was so delicious, I could not waste a single smear of sauce. So the bread was put to good use..and the plate was duly cleaned. I think that earned a smile from the owner!

It was an amazing lunch, in beautiful surroundings. I would not hesitate to visit again. In fact, I am planning on doing so again. Without fail.

If you find yourself in Skradin, you can do yourself not greater favour than eating here at least once.

• Visited June 2013