We spent 2 nights at Albergo Airone. The hotel is located over the village of Zafferana Etnea on the road to the Etna, so it is a perfect basis to visit the vulcano, especially if you want to be there early in the morning which is the best time, because the clouds come generally few by few during the day.
It is a 3 stars hotel and it has the comfort that can be expected in that case : spacious and pretty decorated rooms, good beds, modern bathrooms ; it is very clean. The swimming pool is great and the hotel includes a free health center with spa, sauna, UV, etc..(we didn't use it).
There is a restaurant, but we didn't try it either, we prefered to take meals in the village at restaurants with terrasses, to profit of the italian streets atmosphere.
A perfect place then ? no, because there are dark points too : the quality or the service is rather unequal, depending on the members of the staff, some are just enough kind, let's say they just do what they are payed for, the smile not included.
Some are more pleasant. They don't all speak english.
Now comes THE big problem : we still wonder if we were in a hotel or in a night club .We were awaken in the middle of the 2 nights we spent there, by groups of people speaking, laughing, screaming, slamming doors, etc .. and it didn't last only 2 minutes, impossible to sleep ; so we finally called the reception to ask for silence ;that behaviour didn't really seem to shock them, must be usual probably ; the mess finally stopped but not quickly. Because of their intervention or by itself, we don't know.
Last thing ,, the last morning, we wanted to relax a last time at the swimming pool. Suddenly, the pool and the sunbeds were invaded by about 40 children! we like children, but still .. not the best for a relaxed time! We suppose that the hotel has accords with the school in the village.
In conclusion, if you want a comfortable hotel, close to the Etna and and you handle noise, it can be a good choice; if you want to rest quietly, avoid!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Airone Wellness Hotel has 62 rooms which include from the double rooms to the familiar rooms, differentiated in several typologies: standard, superior panoramic and junior suite, almost all have a balcony. Rooms are provided of the necessities for spending a nice stay, in each one there’s a private bathroom with hairdryer and toiletries, free mini-bar, TV Sat LCD with 32-inch screen, air conditioning, strongbox and tea facilities to allow to the guests to have always a hot drink whenever he want. Of the 62 rooms, 11 are placed in the Depandance, a three-storied building easy to reach directly from the parking, and enjoy a panoramic view on a grassy patio overlooking the eastern shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Airone Wellness Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airone Hotel Zafferana Etnea
- Airone Wellness Hotel Zafferana Etnea, Sicily, Italy