“I'VE BEEN THERE 4 TIMES AND WILL GO AGAIN FANTASTIC HOTEL..HOTEL FANTASTICO” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emmaus - Albergo del bosco

Emmaus - Albergo del bosco
You added Emmaus - Albergo del bosco to your Saves list
Emmaus - Albergo del bosco
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Cassone 75, 95019 Zafferana Etnea, Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Zafferana Etnea
malta
“I'VE BEEN THERE 4 TIMES AND WILL GO AGAIN FANTASTIC HOTEL..HOTEL FANTASTICO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have been there both with my family and also with a group and I must say that both the hotel itself and the surroundings are fantastic. Rooms are in tip top shape, breath taking views as the hotel is high up on the slopes of Etna with views from Siracusa to Taormina with a glimpse of mainland Calabria when weather is clear. Breakfast very good, dinner is excellent too. for those who have no personal transport, the hotel offers shuttle transfers to and from airport and also to the city centre. The hotel is ideal in winter for skiing on Etna, in summer for excursions on the wild Valle del Bovo where today's eruptions still take place. Just a stone throw away one finds the interesting SICILIA IN MINIATURA...MINIATURE SICILY. One reaches Etna's skiing and trecking areas in about 20minutes by car...so Emmaus hotel is the best you can find. I have been there 4 times and look forward to visit again and again.

Room Tip: choose the sea view rooms although the ones on the inside give you a nice view of thew forest.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We came to watch my son on a cycle tour the staff were charming & helpful the food was great as were the views

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I chose this large albergo because it is well situated for touring the surrounding area. It is also in a peaceful and quiet area of the countryside.
There is lots of room to park. My room overlooked the sea and had an ensuite and a balcony. It was very comfortable with all I needed for an enjoyable stay.
The self service breakfasts were plentiful with a good selection of items.
The staff were all very friendly and easy to chat to, and did all they could to ensure I enjoyed my stay.
I hope to return to Sicily one day and will definitely return to this albergo when I do!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

I've just returned from a week long trip to Sicily with friends, on our list of 'must do' there was the entry - visit Mount Etna - hence when I saw on a website that this hotel was situated on the hill slope of Mt. Etna that was the immediate selling point for me.
We took the bus from Catania station, the journey was approx. 1 hour and a half which took its toll on all of us since we had travelled several hours already in order to reach Catania, the bus takes you right to their car park and as soon as we got to the hotel it was worth the long journey. We were given 2 interconnecting rooms (there was 4 of us in total, 80 euros per room for the night including breakfast), one of the room had a balcony with the best views ever!!! The villages and the coast were below in the distance and surrounding us was wooded hills, it was such a beautiful and tranquil place!
The bedrooms were very charming, airy, light and the showers were decent, the proportions were ok.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, they went out of their way to provide us some sandwiches and fruits since the restaurant was not yet opened for dinner service and when asked recommended the tour guide for a Mt. Etna excursion which we went to.
When we stayed, a lot of the guests were elderly people which didn't bother us since it was a tranquil place and everybody enjoyed the peacefulness.
The only negative, in fairness this applies to all the hotels we stayed in Sicily, the breakfast lacked variety and was very unappealing to me, i prefer to have my croissants without icing sugar and sweet filling early in the morning but that's just me.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again should I go back to Sicily.

• Liked — The views
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Emmaus - Albergo del bosco? Share your experiences!