We loved this hotel. Ok the views from some rooms are slightly spoiled by the workings of the village, but it is a real fishing village and the hotel from the outside shows its fishing hostel heritage and that is what made it for us! This was a real place perfect for exploring this part of Iceland.
We traveled here on 12th February with Discover the World for the whale watching and aurora trip and it was perfect! Wonderful hosts who made us feel very welcome and couldn't do enough for us, a very comfortable room with everything you could ask for (including good views from room 204) and the food was wonderful! A really perfect stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Framnes is a boutique hotel on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula in west Iceland. It is ideally located for all visits to the nearby National Park and surrounding area. The hotel has an excellent restaurant specializing in fresh fish and local food cuisine. It is the ideal place for stopovers to West Fjords and Reykjavík ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Framnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Framnes Hotel Grundarfjörður
- Hotel Framnes Iceland/Grundarfjorour