“A great place to sit outside and have a beer” 5 of 5 stars

Grundargata 59, Grundarfjorour, Iceland
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Pizza, Seafood
San Francisco, California
“A great place to sit outside and have a beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a great place to sit outside and have a beer after a long hike or drive.

The apple cake is fantastic.

The views are beautiful.

Visited July 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“Basic honest food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

After the previous night's extravaganza, I was looking for something a bit simpler and less expensive and visited this basic restaurant. The 9" pizza with pepperoni, ham, bacon and mushroom was surprisingly good if a bit too doughy for my liking, but I made the mistake of also ordering a garlic cheese bread, which turned out to be another 9" pizza, which could have been tasty but was horribly over-salted to the point of being inedible. If you frequent this place, stick with the pizza.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best fish and chips we had in Iceland.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

First of all, the name kaffi 59 isn't obvious and the menu's name we were handed said RuBen's. Don't know what the real name is, but we didn't care b/c it was so good. I got salted cod fish and chips and my husband and I were blown away!! The breading was perfect - seasoned well, not greasy and did not slide off the flaky fish. Huge portion too. My husband ordered a bacon burger and was shocked how freshly grilled it tasted. (We really enjoy iceland's "hamburger sauce"). We're back in Reykjavik now and wish we could have that fish and chips again and agin.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stroud, England, United Kingdom
“frendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I ate in hear last feb,2013 while on a whale watching trip the food was very good and you get more choice than you get if you eat in the hotel and it is cooked to order.....some say it is expensiv I don't think so for instance I paid £12.50 for fish an chips in a pub near heathrow that is a rip off......the locals are friendly and so is the bar staff I am going back next feb. whale watching with discover the world so I know where I will be heading for my food and a good pint and a good old chat with the land lady......cant wait....

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food for a normal dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend had dinner here. She had a custom made burger (since she only likes salad, red onions and sauce on it) and I had the double bacon cheese burger. Served with fries.

Great food, friendly people!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere