“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Road Marumbi, Uroa, Tanzania   |
Zagreb, Croatia
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

This year I decided to treat myself with a trip to Africa. I was always fascinated with exotic places and after some research online I got a Beach and Safari Booking in Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar.
That was really the best decision I could make. It is absolutely beautiful place. The hotel is amazing, luxurious and yet reasonably priced for a standard like that. Surroundings and nature around the resort are really soothing and it is a great place to relax.
I got a room with a sea view and a private terrace – even if there is nothing else to do around there, a man can sit on that terrace and stare into the horizon above the sea and feel like he got his money's worth.
But there certainly is a lot to do besides enjoying the view. There is no point in going to Africa and not going on a safari trip and experiencing the wildlife. Safari Camp in Selous is great place to do just that, I believe that this is the best place to see Africa's famous „Big 5“ – lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo. Really magnificent animals, all of them.
In conclusion, great experience. Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar has everything anyone can possibly need, rooms are clean and nicely decorated, service is very good and you can spend your time there on the beach, which is near to the resort and on safari – I really recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I will start this review by listing the usual reasons why the hotel is the best.

1. Great location, within walking distance to every beautiful place.
2. Spotlessly clean room with reasonable prize and bathroom, a good size with a very comfortable bed and quiet at night.
3. Great breakfast, with a wide range of fresh hot and cold options.
4. Very good restaurant, great paradise beach in the hotel.
5. The paradise beach resort is INCREDIBLE.
Now the reasons why the hotel is simply the best hotel we have ever stayed at in all our travels.
The staff * The personal service * The hospitality.
On arrival which was quite late we were greeted by a beautiful lady, we were supposed to be traveling with friends who had to cancel at the last minute without even giving our name, the young lady was expecting us and was aware that our friend has to cancel. We were offered beer or wine, coffee or tea. The following morning, another beautiful lady arranged a tour within the hotel premises for us and made a launch reservation for us and then dinner that evening. After the daylong tour we arrive back at the hotel and as soon as we walked through the door, the young lady who was still on duty offered us complimentary wine, beer, coffee, or tea in the lobby, encouraging us to chat to other guest rather than just returning to our room. This was not just one drink though the drinks were complimentary as long as wished. When we finally got back to the room, there was a bottle of wine and fresh flowers waiting for us.
On two occasions we planned to start our day near paradise beach which was not far at all, however as soon as we mentioned this to those young ladies, immediately arranged another young lady to take us there.
I can’t just write it all of all the beautiful experience we had there during our stay in the hotel.
With so many great cities in the world to visit, we probably would not revisit Uroa but we will just to stay at PARADISE BEACH HOTEL RESORT again.

Room Tip: * The rooms are well okay and size. * Spotless floors and rooms. * Great location near city, the l...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

Me, the wife and a couple of her friends had a little get away here last month and we were amazed at how gorgeous this resort was. At one point while we were sitting outside sunbathing, my wife asked me to pinch her because this had to be a dream. She kept talking about how pretty the scenery was. The staff treated us like royalty and met every one of our requests. There was a specific liquor I liked that wasn’t available there and one of the staff members left the resort and came back with a bottle in no time. As far as my wife’s’ friends go, they fell in love with the place and told us during dinner that it was the perfect vacation. I have to agree with. I’m already planning another vacation here before the year is over but this time were getting a bigger room :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Paradise Beach Resort, amazed my boyfriend and I with its comfort and beauty!
We felt welcomed and we had a fabulous time! Our suite had a beautiful ocean view, it was clean and spacious, it had everything we needed. We were able to relax and enjoy our vacation.
Everyone was nice and polite. The staff were excellent: friendly and eager to help. They went the extra mile and made our stay as nice as possible.
We will definitely return if we will get the chance!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I made a reservation for the beach house on 1-16-14. I received an email on 2-3-14 that they were unable to honor the reservation which would start on 2-8. It was tough to work out alternate plans while on a safari in western Tanzania. More notice should have been given.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My friends and I treated ourselves to a holiday last year and we really loved this hotel. We wanted a really relaxing, pampering kind of holiday and this hotel totally lived up to our expectations; it has a lovely pool, a private beach and a little spa with the most amazing massages – a little extra splurge, but it was so relaxing. The beaches there are just amazing, we spent so much time just soaking up the sun. Zanzibar is absolutely beautiful and I was lucky enough to have a stunning view from my room. There's some great safari options too if you're a bit more adventureous than me! I didn't go, but some other girls in our group did and had a blast. The service and the atmosphere was great. I loved the food at the hotel restaurant, however, one of my friends is a very picky eater and the menu was a little limited for her. It’s definitely a bit of a splurge, but we had the most amazing stay. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tangier, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent two weeks at this very sympathic resort managed by the dutch owner himself ! when you have passed the entrance ,you are welcomed by Alessandro ,very helpful manager in charge of the customers, then the reception team will take good care of you and will answer to any question you may have! the bungalows around the beautiful swimming pool are very clean and confortable and the view of the sea is a real pleasure. The resort is quiet and the atmosphere very friendly .The bar and the restaurant provide attractive food and drinks at a good price and four times a week you can have a real entertainment after the dinner with local dances and music!a spa will provide any massage or hair and body care you may need ! well a perfect and relaxing resort for successful vacations in the smart island of Zanzibar ! I shall come back !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar? Share your experiences!