“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Uroa
Zagreb, Croatia
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This year I decided to treat myself with a trip to Africa. I was always fascinated with exotic places and after some research online I got a Beach and Safari Booking in Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar.
That was really the best decision I could make. It is absolutely beautiful place. The hotel is amazing, luxurious and yet reasonably priced for a standard like that. Surroundings and nature around the resort are really soothing and it is a great place to relax.
I got a room with a sea view and a private terrace – even if there is nothing else to do around there, a man can sit on that terrace and stare into the horizon above the sea and feel like he got his money's worth.
But there certainly is a lot to do besides enjoying the view. There is no point in going to Africa and not going on a safari trip and experiencing the wildlife. Safari Camp in Selous is great place to do just that, I believe that this is the best place to see Africa's famous „Big 5“ – lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo. Really magnificent animals, all of them.
In conclusion, great experience. Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar has everything anyone can possibly need, rooms are clean and nicely decorated, service is very good and you can spend your time there on the beach, which is near to the resort and on safari – I really recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

My wife and I met in graduate school and we are both computer programers, therefore we spend most of our time inside. When we finally got time off that collated we decided to go to Africa and spend time at this resort. We had the time of our lives!!!! We had the gotten the Beach and Safari package and It was worth it. The beach and resort was relaxing and the people we met were amazing both native and foreign!! The hotel was small but well kept organized and cozy. After a few days of relaxation we were on a short flight to the African Savanna for an African Safari at the picturesque Selous Game Reserve. One of my hobbies is photography, and everywhere you turn there is a beautiful picture to be taken. Especially during sunset there are a lot of cool romantic shots that you can take. We also had a chance to see The Big 5 game animals of Africa: The Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Cape Buffalo and Rhinos. The tribal people we met had very beautiful clothing and were very happy. All in all IT WAS AWESOME!!!! The word exquisite beautiful etc. is an understatement for this place! I am looking forward to going back some day and would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

So, this year my family gave me the job of planning our next big family vacation. I must admit, I when I found out it was my turn this year, I was a little nervous. In my large family of 7, it was my first time planning the big annual family vacation. It's always tricky because I needed to find a vacation that:
-Is right for my grandparents who don't like to do much except sit on the beach
-Is right for adventurous college students like myself
-Is right for young kids, my little sisters are 8 and 11
-Has interesting things to do. (One year we went to Canada…big mistake.)

Then my buddy Mark recommended the PB resort in Zanzibar. No joke, when he first told me about it I thought he was joking. This place has everything, and the best is the beach and safari combo. It was awesome, we went to Selous and we got to go to the beach and relax for a couple of days (perfect for my grandparents), then we got to go on the safari for a few days. My little sisters loved the safari, but to be honest I think I enjoyed it more than they did haha. I took some amazing photos that I ended up giving to my mom for her birthday in the form of a collage. She loved it!

It's almost like that SNL skit with 'Steffan' where he's like "This place has everything…ice sculptures, beaches, tigers etc.). And you laugh because you don't believe it, but believe me when I say this place has EVERYTHING! This trip changed my life, and I'm someone who travels to a new, exotic place for vacation every year.

They had amazing food, breathtaking animals, beautiful beaches; and the best part is that the price was crazy affordable. That's the part that my parents like the most haha.

If you want an awesome vacation that will change your life and keep everyone (in a big family like mine) happy, then PBR in Zanzibar is the place! And don't forget the safari, it's the best!!

P.s.-Bring a lot of cameras!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

My husband and I chose Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar because we want to take our kids ( age 11 and 12 ) on safari camp too. That was our plan. We spent 5 days there at Paradise Beach Resort, The resort is beautiful and the beach is 3 meters from the room and is very clean. The staffs were friendly and helpful and I loved the food with the Italian flare to the cuisine and the seafood, great cocktail with a good range of choices for the kids. We have fun & enjoy every single day. Everything was clean and elegant and we had a wonderful relaxing time. After that we want to camping safari for 4 days. Our kids love it! They want to be there again next year. it was one of our best holidays. I would recommend Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Me and my sisters got the Beach & Safari booking Safari Camp in Selous. It was hands down the best experience I have had in resort thus far. Best place to see the Big 5 in Africa. Be sure to spend a few days on the beach and a few on the Safari. It is truly amazing.

Me and my youngest sister stayed in the premium villa and WOW! The decor was amazingly beautiful. I felt like a princess! I honestly am going to redecorate my condo to match the colors. The bathroom was even stunning. Everything was clean, food and service was great, and I plan to go back.

As for the beaches and safari; breath taking! You definitely want to bring a camera with plenty of room. The views, wildlife, everything is just like a painting. Paradise is a definite understatement!

Room Tip: The suite is plenty if you don't plan on being in the room much. The premium villas tend to have...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Verbania, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

This hotel is amazing! It's not the biggest, but everything is perfeclty organised and staff makes you feel right at home. Actually, it's much better than staying at home! The rooms and the hotel in general are extremely clean, the pool is fantastic and the location is great, it's very close to lots of beautiful places. There's a shuttle bus that runs every 15 mins and takes you to a fantastic beach.
We really liked the staff: exetremely nice people work in this hotel,they always smile and try to make your stay as great as possible. One thing I really liked and appreciated is that they always put a mosquito-net over guest's beds while they are at dinner.
There are lots of things to do around that area. We booked a special pack called "Beach and Safari". It included the stay at Paradise beach Resort + a safari camp in Selous. What can I say about it? It was fantastic! Selous is the best place in Africa to see the big 5 and we actually saw elephants, lions and leopards... I had only seen these animals at the zoo before; seeing them in their natural habitat is a mindblowing experience. We really enjoyed relaxing at the beach,but we would definitely recommend a safari as well, as it gives you the feeling of being in "real" Africa. Couldn't have asked for a better holiday.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary at the recommendation of friends who visited last year.

We had a beach side room which was just magic, and the staff were super friendly- nothing was too much trouble! Every request we made (such as extra towels and amenities) was tended to within minutes.

Room was modern and simply stunning, and very private and secluded. Attractions are a stones throw away, we took a day trip to Killimanjaro. The food at the restaurants were fresh and delicious as well, we highly recommend the Zanzibar Grill (especially after a day trekking!). The pool bar is absolutely gorgeous too, great after a hard day on safari!!!

This hotel offers that rare but perfect mixture of "beach getaway" and "adventure holiday".

Highly recommended anyone visiting Tanzania to stay at Paradise Beach Resort!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Beach Resort Zanzibar? Share your experiences!