“Excellent Affordable Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kalibo Hotel

You added Kalibo Hotel to your Saves list
Kalibo Hotel
476 N. Roldan Street, Kalibo, Aklan Province 5501, Philippines (Formerly Beachcomber Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 28 Kalibo B&B and Inns
San Fernando, Philippines
“Excellent Affordable Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you are on your way to Boracay and you don't want to do the boat trip at night. Stay at the Kalibo Hotel. Friend staff. Above standard cleanliness for the area and nice place to eat and drink near by. What is amazing about this place is they fold the towels on your bed in quite amazing designs..

Room Tip: Just asked for a quite room to get a good sleep before the 1 hour and 45 minute trip by van to Borac...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
galway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

If your stopping over in Kalibo airport, then this hotel may suit your requirements. The room are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Its in the centre of the town. The locals do not see wersterns very often, we received a lot of funny looks and the youg girls seem to be extremely interested in our white skin. There is nothing to do in the area. Lots of motorcycle noise and pollution on the main street. No in the hotel though. Its a family run busines and they were very helpful and friendly. There is a great restaraunt in the area. Exit the hotel and turn right and cross the road. Lorraine’s Restaraunt. Great foord and beer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night before catching an early flight back to Manila (the airport is a 5 minutes drive away). Our room was spotlessly clean along with the bedding and towels. Staff were friendly and pointed us in the direction of Lorraine’s, a really cheap good restaurant over the road. Rooms have comfortable beds, safe, TV with cable and free wifi. The only downside to our stay was we were at the back of the building which backs on to a very busy road this continued to be noisy until midnight, which is ok for one night but anymore would be a pain. Try and get a room at the front unless you can sleep through anything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I'm glad I chose Kalibo Hotel. The hotel provided us with the basic necessities and the beds needed to sleep 3 comfortably. I was not too crazy about the comforter design but you don't need it anyway when sleeping as it's too humid. The airconditioner worked really well - thank goodness! Since I came at the time when it's terribly hot and humid the water that came out the shower was cold only. I didn't mind. Anyway, the cold water wakes me up.

The staff is wonderful! They are very friendly and accommodating. They helped me find transportation to Boracay and also helped flag down a tricycle to go to where I was going. The only thing I wish they had was food in the cafeteria (i.e., sweets, hopia, lumpia, fresh bananas, etc.). I woke up in the morning and headed to the lobby but no one was there nor did I know where to get food. Luckily I was invited for breakfast by a family member.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I love the staff and most especially the comfortable room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boracay, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

A very clean surroundings & friendly personnel and affordable rates that gives me satisfies when we stayed in Kalibo hotel.wish to come back with no hesitations..God bless Kalibo Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Where do you go when you need a place to stay any hour of the day? Kalibo Hotel took me in, in a clean safe environment and took care of my travels needs. A friendly and knowledgeable staff made it their business to assist me in any way possible.

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
makati city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I usually dread having to travel through Kalibo to take a flight back to Manila. But on my last trip to Boracay, I figured I might as well participate in the ultimate Pinoy mardi gras, the Ati-Atihan. When I found out that this place used to be named Beachcomber, as in just like the legendary first bar of Boracay, I got curious. True enough, this place is the Kalibo home of the man who built the iconic Beachcomber bar. That alone was enough reason for me to stay here.

Location, location, location...................

a. 2 blocks off the highway-----means it is not difficult to find and is far enough to be immune from the noise of hundreds of tricycles that plow the main road

b. 5 minute walk to the mall and fresh market, where you can get some of the finest pinoy chori and longganizas, and inexpensive fresh fruit. Local handicraft stores are plentiful too-----means shopping is easy and fun

c. 2 minute walk to a resto that had some of the best liempo ever (La Nena's, I think that's what it was called)................means, if you get the munchies, this is the place to go

d. 4 minute walk to all the Ati-atihan action!---------means, party on and on and on!

e. and once you do have to skidaddle off to the airport, just go to the corner and hail down a trike, easy peasy

now the room: I had room #4

a. big comfortable bed and sheets

b. hot shower with strong water pressure, and complete array of toiletries, though I personally have no need for shampoo.....I'm bald

c. really cold airconditioner........this is very important to me.......loved it

d. cable tv which included NBA TV, so I was able to check in on my beloved Lakers

e. strong wifi in the room

f. prompt wake up call

g. spotless and mosquito free

staff:

a. very nice, courteous, friendly and always smiling.......so truly pinoy ;-)

b. the guard even got me a trike at 4:45am to take me to the airport

Overall, this was a surprisingly pleasant stay in Kalibo.......I mean that I expected Ati-atihan would be fun, and yes it was......but this hotel makes me look forward to going back to Kalibo again.........need I say more? Oh yeah, excellent value too! I should not forget to mention that.

Room Tip: I was completely happy with my room.....I would stay in the same one.......
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kalibo Hotel? Share your experiences!