We booked a midweek stay through the Sun in one of the budget chalets, mainly to visit family so we just wanted somewhere basic to sleep. We had come with quite low expectations (from previous experiences in different parks in the area)! However...although the chalets are very small and compact ours was really tidy and clean (thanks to Lucy and Jem apparantly!), the kitchen had everything we needed and the shower was great. We took our two kids to the pool, and had a great hour or two each day enjoying the lovely pool with bubble seat and a small sauna, again really lovely and clean and the staff were all very friendly.
We had come out of season so obviously the park was not busy, I could imagine in high season it probably wouldn't have been such a pleasant experience, I'm sure the pool would probably get very busy and noisy. We didn't go into the club house as we were off site a lot of the time in the evenings so can't comment about this.
The only bad points I could see was the fact that people would stand right in their doorways and smoke, blowing smoke back into the non-smoking chalets!! Not very nice for people coming in after them who don't smoke or like the smell of smoke!! Also the mattresses were not particularily comfortable but we were supplied with 'toppers' which did make a difference and we had a better nights sleep!
All in all, we woulddefinitely use this holiday park again (out of season!) as it made a great base for visiting family and were actually pleasantly surprised by how clean, tidy and friendly it was.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park Hotel Burnham-On-Sea
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park Hotel
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandy Glade Holiday Park is easy to reach, just fifteen minutes from the M5, yet puts you right on a great stretch of Somerset coast. You can enjoy the long, sandy beaches of both Berrow and Brean which are a short walk from the park. The beaches are famous for their sand dunes, which kids will love playing on, and you’ll find that Brean Sands is a perfect beach for sunbathing, playing in the sand or paddling into the water. This Burnham-on-Sea Holiday Park has plenty for you to do once you get here. Our adventure playground means that even when you’re not at the beach the kids won’t be bored, and our heated pool is great fun for the whole family. We also have a clubhouse with nightly entertainment and a cafe and takeaway to make your stay even easier. ... more less