“Excellent! Don't miss out!” 5 of 5 stars

Conde de Altea, 03590 Altea, Spain
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International, European, Contemporary, Continental
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great family restaurant in front of the sea in Altea, a full range of yop quality foods including, snacks, lunches and dinners, menu of the day changes constantly to give a wider choice, fully air conditioned local with seating capacity for up to 40 people inside and a further 60 outside, warm and friendly atmosphere and partie scan be catered for.
liverpool
“Excellent! Don't miss out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have visited the restaurant quite a few times and have never been disappointed! The staff are very helpful indeed and the chef is absolutely amazing! My husband is a stickler for having his food on a hot plate. This must be the ONLY place in Spain that can actually do this! (Not very hard!) The presentation of the food is fabulous! We ordered the menu of the day which comes with a beer/wine bread and alioli. It was three course menu and every one as delicious as the last! The view is not bad either!! I will definitely be calling in again. We found this little gem in May this year and have been quite a few times.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChristaldeAltea, Public Relations Manager at Christal de Altea, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us at Christal de Altea. It is nice to see some customer photos added too! We are glad you enjoyed spending time here and sampling the menu. The chef has read this and remembers bringing out the hot plate with tea towels triple folded, it was that hot! Seriously, we do try to listen to our customer requests, sometimes it's the small things that make a big difference and help to set us apart. We do hope that you will come and visit us next time you are on holiday here. Kind regards, Christal de Altea.

Benidorm, Spain
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have visited this restaurant about 5 times now and have not been disappointed once! The food is outstanding and excellent value for money. I usually opt for the 3 course special which comes with a glass of wine or beer and bread and alioli. The portion sizes are very generous (which is unusual for a 3 course special) and the presentation of the food is also outstanding. The chefs are very knowledgeable and I love it when they tell me about their food with such passion- You can tell they love to cook and want you to enjoy your experience (which is very rare in Spain)! On one occasion my friend ordered a cajun chicken wrap which was too hot for her and the chef offered to make her something else. When my friend declined and said it was fine, he promptly went and made up some sour cream to cool it down for her... and it was delicious! I have had many different meals including dorada fish, mexican chicken, tuna steak salad, all of which have been equally delious =) and as for the cheese cake... the best I've ever had, love it! On top of all this, it is in a fabulous location and is a great place to enjoy a lovey meal and relaxing drink. All in all this place is a great addition to Altea and I'm so glad I've found it!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Christal de Altea. We are very pleased to have you as regular customers of ours and are so pleased you and your other half have sampled a selection of what we have to offer and enjoyed them all! You are right about our chefs, they are passionate about cooking and it's fantastic for them when customers come back as regularly as you two do! We remember the episode with the spicy cajun wrap and were only too pleased to offer another dish instead but thankfully the home made sour cream cooled it down enough for your friend's tastebuds. The chefs always try to please! As you know we are a new addition to the Altea seafront and are grateful for such a complimentary review that I am sure will go some way to introduce us to new customers. We look forward to welcoming you to Christal again soon.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lush views and yumminess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I don't normally do these sort of things but felt i had to let as many people know about this place as possible - it's awesome! I went with a friend who lives in Spain who's been there a few times and wouldn't let me leave without going! I had the 3 course menu of the day with a glass of wine (i'll be honest, i'm a sucker for a glass of vino!). The tomato and pepper soup was really tasty, the tuna salad was massive, and my friend looked so longingly at my chocolate cheesecake i just had to share the goodness!

Next time i'm back in Spain this'll be my first stop, and i'll be trying the tapas which looked delicious. Obviously i'll be telling my friend i'm visiting her, but i think this restaurant may well have acheived a higher place in my heart!

It's hard to decide whether it's the views, the food or the atmosphere which comes out top - it's not often you get all three in one place. A true delight!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChristaldeAltea, Public Relations Manager at Christal de Altea, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us.It really is great for us all to read such appreciative comments. We are all working really hard to give our customers the best dining experience. It is wonderful for us to read about returning customers bringing in new people like you! You should definately look us up next time you come over for a visit and try our newly expanded tapas menu. There are a few more things on the menu for vegetarians like yourself. The potatas bravas come highly recommended! Thank you again, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Regards, Christal de Altea.
Altea la Vella, Spain
“Amazing food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just moved to the area and been here twice so far and its my favourite restaurant already. The food is contemporary but just right, not over the top. Delicious fresh menu and the best part is the price at the end. Staff are great too, friendly and attentive. It might not look busy at the beginning of the night compared to the surrounding places but once word gets around I am sure it will be. You have to try this place if your in Altea. Its right on the promenade.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChristaldeAltea, Public Relations Manager at Christal de Altea, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for writing a review for Christal de Altea. I am really glad to hear that we are your favourite restaurant! We will keep doing our best to keep pole position for you! We try really hard to keep our prices competitive and our chefs are passionate about the fresh menu. We are so glad you enjoyed the food, service and the price! We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Christal de Altea
benidorm
“So good, we're heading back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

A group of around 30 of us went to Christal de Altea about 2 weeks ago, and it was such a good evening, we have decided to go back again in 2 weeks!
The location is beautiful, right on the promenade, and even strolling along to get there was pleasurable. We had reserved the tables outside, but the inside area was really cosy looking, which is quite rare in Spain...a lot of restaurants with outdoor dining tend to be quite stark inside, therefore not the best place in winter.
The owner had agreed to put on a buffet as there were so many of us, and there was so much choice! We even had chicken curry and rice which was so good, one friend wanted to lick the bowl clean! As for me, I think I found the best cheesecake on the Costa Blanca! ( I really want to try the white chocolate one mentioned in a review above!) : )
The prices are great, even the drinks, as Altea can be a little more expensive, especially along the front. The staff were friendly and attentive, but without hopping on you every 10 minutes!
All in all, I would say this is the best value restaurant in Altea without compromising on food or location.
Thanks for a great night.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Christal de Altea. We are so happy that your party had a great evening. We certainly enjoyed looking after you! We are always happy to put on a buffet for groups and we have a few different price options. I remember the cheesecake was a hit! The chef who makes the amazing cheesecakes has read your review and he will make a white chocolate and vanilla one especially for you on your return visit! Please let us know if you enjoy it as much as the first! We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back here again. Kind regards, Christal de Altea.