We had a clean, well-equipped appartment. The good sized oven and fridge were particularly welcome for self-catering for a family.
All appartments have a spacious balcony with view over the marina, which means you can while away hours relaxing to the sound of the waves on pebbles. The flats seem more solidly built than most holiday accommodation so we weren't bothered by noise from other people.
Staff (speaking English, French and Spanish) were helpful and welcoming.
Yes, the beach is pebbly, but this probably saves it from being more crowded, and if you have beach shoes, you can still go in the water without a problem. There are sandy beaches up the road in Calpe. I didn't notice it being polluted (in fact the water seemed very clear), and we went snorkelling and kayaking, but perhaps we were lucky...
The marina restaurants are too pricey, but we went out to other places like Altea to eat. It has to be said though that a car is indispensable.
Yes, there's no TV in French or English, but then you're on holiday in Spain!
My only small complaint was that the internet was only available if we dangled over one corner of our balcony, and even then it wasn't broadband. I complained and got a refund of the 25 euros we'd paid for a week.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Altea Beach Hotel
- Pierre And Vacances Residence Altea Beach
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Altea Beach Hotel Altea
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal resort to soak up the sun with its many beaches and coves. Residences in the Mediterranean architecture, located on the heights of the Sierra de Bernia. Recreation and relaxation for the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Apartamentos Altea Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.