“Excellent hotel but need great maintenance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Impiana Resort Cherating

You added Impiana Resort Cherating to your Saves list
Impiana Resort Cherating
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Km 32 Jalan Kuantan Kemaman, Cherating 26080, Malaysia   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cherating
Kuala Lumpur
“Excellent hotel but need great maintenance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was here to celebrate my friends birthday. The lobby was nice, very beautiful. Staff were very helpful. The room was splendid. Minus the fact that the toilet looked in desperate need of maintainance. But the room reminded me of My long-gone kmapung. It was so comfortable and calm.

The food is not great but okay. We sat for almost an hour enjoying the food. Not bad huh?

Beach was just pretty especially early in the morning and before the sun set.

Conclusion, i had a great time and would not mind to come back again

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was a short trip during National Day. We drove 4 hours journey from Kuala Lumpur to Cherating.
It was not hard for us to find this place and we found it quite easy. Also there are several helpful sign around to guide you to the resort. It was a big resort and well equipped. The staffs were friendly and efficient. I arrived early but managed to check in early too.

During the stay, the air conditional did not operate very well, there is no thermostat to control the temperature. The room is quite stuffy during day time but night time is still bearable. However, the noise level was loud enough to cause disturbance especially rooms that were nearer to the Fun Pub.

The next morning, we went to the beach and pool, it was well maintained although the facilities are old. Generally, the beach was clean but the water was not clear. We checked out on time and the process did not take us too long.

Many parking available and required no long walk from the area. Breakfast was served with luxury choices of food, must not miss the Malaysian Delight Section. You can try their Redang Beef if you prefer spicy food. Try to explorer the nearby town for local delicacy and chat with the friendly villagers to know about their life and conditions.

Room Tip: Request for a room that contains better air conditional. Stay away from the Pub if you want to have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have just stayed at the Impiana in Cherating, Malaysia, and what a sad and sorry site this resort is. In it's hey day, it would have been state of the art, but the lack of maintenance brings this resort to the point of being dangerous. The wooden platform and walkway leading to the pool was full of rotted wood that was about to collapse at any moment. The pool ladders had rungs missing and wobbled around which made it near impossible to get out of the pool.
We had requested a non smoking room, but were given a room that smelt of
smoke, and included an ashtray and matches. Upon returning to reception, they assured me it was non smoking, but did change me to another "non smoking"room. As in walked in with my bags, the house maid came rushing up, "I make non smoking!". She then proceeded to remove this ashtray and matches and sprayed air freshener around, then turned to me an said " now non smoking!!!"
in ournroom the power point was actually hanging off the wall, there were bare electrical wires exposed on the ceiling, the wooden door ways into the bathroom were completely rotted and the bathroom ceiling had a huge hole in it. The list goes on and on. I think the only way the resort will be fixed, is to bulldoze it and rebuild.
The state of the resort obviously reflected in the staff, as they never smiled, we were not greeted as we pulled up, no cold towels or drinks, not even a bell boy! It was as if the place was ready to close. On a positive note, the sea view was brilliant.
RR4WD from Australai

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
kamarudin, General Manager at Impiana Resort Cherating, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Robyn W,

Ouch...ouch...ouch…, that was really painful!
My apology to find your stay was not an enjoyable and memorable one.

Honestly, there was some truth in your comments but we are not that extremely bad. We are working towards the improvement and striving to provide the service consistency to ensure a valued stay.

With that, we will be more determined in getting things done in a speedier mode for our future guests or perhaps for you to revisit and see the changes.

Your comments were well received and will be taken with a positive note!

Selangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was my first holiday to Impiana Cherating.. with 2 nites reservation. My first impression was the place was quiet and peaceful. Front office was quick and the welcome drink and cold towel refreshed me after few hours drive.

I was anxious to see the room and it did not dissapoint me at all....the view was something that i have always wanted each time I go for holiday by the beach. We were too comfortable in the room that we did not want to leave the room...enjoying the sound of the waves, fresh air and the peacefullness. The environment made us lazy!!

We also had the opportunity to participate the resort's baby turtle release programme which was a totally different experience I have ever had in my life. Holding the baby turtles, releasing them and watch them go...oh wow.....it was emotional for me;....

The resort may not be a perfect ...there are shortfalls in areas of maintenance but it did not spoil my holiday...the staff made me feel welcome and I have no complains.. From 2 nites we extended to 4 nites!!!!!!

I was sad to leave and was wishing that I don't have to go back to work and extend few more days. Our next trip will be soon...

Naz

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Impiana Resort Cherating

This resort is located near the village named Kampung Cherating. About 4 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This 4 star resort has a huge lobby and waiting area. The breakfast restaurant located at the same lever. We love the ambience as it sets by the lotus pond.

There are only 2 reception desks, so I could imagine how busy they would get during the peak season. The staff was friendly and informative with lots of smiles! I could totally feel the Malaysian Hospitality!

Traditional Malays houses design is the soul of the resort. All rooms are in a building with concrete stands, so it is a little higher then those ordinary hotel rooms that set on the ground floor. There is no ground floor in the hotel complex. Our room was located on the first floor or second floor according to American standard.

The room was a little small. As we were 2 female friends, we opted for a twin bedroom. The 2 single beds were comfortable but I saw a little stain on my bed sheet. I called the housekeeping department to have my bed sheet changed. They did it while we were out. This made me happy.

I have never seen such a small TV in a hotel room - the width of 2 IPADs! I do love the day bed and balcony with excellent sea view though.

The bathroom was not that big too, it only equipped with walk in shower without a bathtub, however, they are generous with the amenities. We had 2 complementary bottles of water in the room and also the coffee and tea making facility.

This resort provides free Wi - Fi service with good connection. One more point added to the review!

We went to the pub with our rebate coupon on soft drink/ beer. The waitress was stingy with her smile but the singers in the pub were generous with the smiles!

On the second morning, I dropped my contact lens case into the sinkhole and it got stuck in between. I told them to fix it before I came back from breakfast as I would need to use the sink after breakfast. Guess what? My contact lens case was retrieved from the sinkhole after I have done with my breakfast!

The buffet breakfast was not attractive and I think they really have to improve on their coffee.

As this resort has been there for decades, so it was pretty run-down. Some of the wood at the platform and walk way that connect rooms to the lobby was broken. The bathroom door was worn out with the aged stains.

Overall, this is a worn out resort that need refurbishment jobs. It was the excellent customer service and the stunning sea view room that made me comes back to this resort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I'm staying 2 days 1 night at Impiana for my first visit at Cherating on 4th days Hari Raya Festival (22nd August 2012), This my experience i would like to share with everyone 1) When enter into the room i'm feel very nice, satisfaction, peace & relax, big toilet and water pressure was good for hot shower after long day journey, really affordable for your money 2) Next day scenario very touching & speachless to discripe...their 'Honesty'.. I'm having my great & great buffet breakfast with varieties, clean display & good service.
After having breakfast with my husband we return to our room for packed AND I'm totally forgot my handbag which i'm left it at the restaurant 'Kopi Shop' with in all important documents, moneys & even the the car keys also inside....that's after nearly 2 hours were back to our room than i realise my handbag not with me...Can ur guy's imagine what is happen to me & family if there is no honest staffs around. Mr Shahi Kumar was serve us for breakfast at 'Kopi Shop' realise of my handbag and send to reception staffs for me to claim back..NOT even a single cents lost or touch by anyone..PLEASE IMAGINE.. THEIR CARING & HONESTLY intent for their guests. Thank you so much to all staffs & Management at Impiana Cherating for this forgettable experience. Next my visit deffinetly i will stay again at Impiana Cherating.

Room Tip: Superior Deluxe Sea View
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kamarudin, General Manager at Impiana Resort Cherating, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear linaflexi.

We are so glad that you have recovered your belongings and appreciating your stay with us. I have always tabled all our guests comments during my morning briefing with my department heads and then have it shared with all the staffs, may it be good or bad.

Shashi Kumar will be rewarded accordingly with his honesty and will be the example for the rest to follow.

We are very proud with our resort and staffs. It is very disappointing and hurtful whenever we received negative comments because we tried very hard to ensure a satisfactory stay. Being 18 years old, we are well aware of our shortfalls. The effort to improve will continue in bringing this resort to greater heights with the intention of providing the best possible and fair hospitality, not with only the intention of raking in the $ringgits.

In all gladness, do come back for more and thank you for commenting

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Just back from 2D1N trip from Cherating. It was recommended by my brother's friend that it is a very nice resort, thus we travelled together in 2 families. However, the first thing while checking in was damn disappointed! The reception took more than 20 min for documentation arrangement, as well as the attitudes are definitely not the 4 star services! Even worse than 3 star or some boutique hotels! Resort facilities are not up to standard as well! Could u imagine the swimming pools without the height signage? Ever concern about the safety? Undeniable that the sea view is great! For myself, the room charges is not worth for the accommodation and facilities, neither the services of the crews.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kamarudin, General Manager at Impiana Resort Cherating, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Devil A,

Thank you for your comments and most of all for staying with us. Your brother’s friend was right. We are a very nice resort but we do have our challenges especially during a ‘super peak’ period. We strived to give the best possible services and my apology for failing to fulfill that during your recent visit.

I am not here for excuses and the area of concern will be reviewed for immediate improvement.

Your comments about the depth of pool are well appreciated and the faded sign will be highlighted. We do have the information stated in the room and surveillance at the pool and beach are not neglected in ensuring incident free.

Thank you once again and hope it will not deter you for a return visit.

Kamarudin Kassim

Been to Impiana Resort Cherating? Share your experiences!