“Nice beachfront but poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cherating Bayview Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherating
Cherating Bayview Resort
You added Cherating Bayview Resort to your Saves list
Lot 367, Cherating 26080 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cherating
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice beachfront but poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I enjoyed beach resorts especially when they are value for money. However this one is really bad.

The staff is not so accommodating when we asked for the room survey and rates. Understood that this is a no-star resort and we did not make a prior booking but at least be more polite or try to brush up the English language. Luckily my dialect is familiar to Malaysians.

The management need to improve on the room maintenance. I got an army of really huge fire ants crawling at my chalet's balcony 24 hours. Broken ceiling and noisy water heater. Pool was badly maintained. Signage to the resort is another area to look at.

On the other hand, the beachfront is awesome.

Room Tip: The chalet is really need to be surveyed before you check in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Room is ok. There are room for improvement. Air cond unit is broken. Luckly they provide ceiling fan. Small TV. No mini fridge. We enjoy the sea view from the room. Also can park my car close to my room.
The location was good. Very close to the sea. Except they should have bigger direction signage to the hotel from the main road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arnhem, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I tried to make a booking on the 17th of march by telephone
The recetionist told me that they were fully booked

Two days later staying in the tanjung inn nextdoor i noticed that the bayview was completely empty!!
One girl speaking no good english was watching television
And the manager was on holiday she told me
What a disaster!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Selangor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed during the Merdeka Raya holidays with the whole family. Rented 4 deluxe rooms. Location was good but the beach was filled with jellyfish which was evident during early mornings as quite a number was left stranded on the shores.

Rooms were very spacey and toilets were ok. However, housekeeping could do a lot better.

The pool was fun for the kids and wannabe kids. Clean. Just the showers were out.

Overall, good value for money in my books. With a little upgrading in both facilities and roomkeeping service, this is one to look out for.

Room Tip: The Superior Rooms look nicer from the outside, but not sure about what it looks like inside though...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kuala lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I would like to state for the record that the cherating bayview resort has changed owner. And it is much more different that it was before. First the services are much more better compare to the last owners' team. They have upgraded the place with a well lit area. You can actually see the sea from the balcony. So you can go into the waters at night. At night the view of fishermans boat and the breeze of the wind is just to die for.
i say dont judge the book from the past owner. Try it yourself and you wont regret it.

Room Tip: get the beach view chalet or rooms. the sound of the wind can put you straight to sleep.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I planned my short holiday at a whim. Hubby and I decided on Cherating. Not knowing what to expect, I scoured Tripadvisor for some "advice". This place got some of the worst reviews on Tripadvisor -- but I decided to make my own judgment and it was our first choice after looking at the amenities of the other "resorts"; their location; and price. I have no regrets whatsoever choosing Cherating Bayview Resort. Top on my list of preferences are: rooms with full front sea views; ability to fit hubby and myself and our two girls comfortably; air-con; and must not be more than RM200 per night.

Not only did this resort fit the bill -- we extended our stay another night. And when I was paying my bill for the extra night, there were another group who had stayed in multiple rooms who was negotiating with the staff to stay another extra night.

I am sorry the other Tripadvisors had an "awful" time there. My family may have been lucky. The staff was not rude nor surly to us. The room was clean - though the water pressure in the shower was not good. Aircon was working fine. They changed our towels everyday; and cleaned our beds and room.

I also exchanged notes with the Caucasian couple next to our room. They said they chose Bayview after looking at the rest of the places in the village - but they found the rooms in the other resorts too dark. My room had two huge windows and a patio overlooking the sea. The room was bright and breezy and it was about 50 m from the beach!

After the first night, my hubby tried asking around the other resorts, just to see what their rates were. I am so sorry; but the ones that had great reviews in Tripadvisor did not match up to our standards. For Tanjung Inn -- rooms too dark - no seaview; and a room for 4 would cost us RM250 per night (with breakfast). Ranting Inn -- absolutely surly staff; rooms with seaview but expensive -- RM250 -- and rooms were dark. For Payung -- no seaview and really for backpackers -- not conducive for families with young kids.

Bayview's cafe did not serve any food -- but that was no problem. Next door, there was Intan restaurant which serves moderately priced food with the accompaniment of an excellent sea breeze.

I will definitely stay at Bayview again. The first night I was there it was only us and our Caucasian neighbours. The second night, the crowds started coming in - and by the time we left -- every single room was fully booked. I guess, the others did not read the bad reviews in Tripadvisor too.

Room Tip: Choose the concrete built rooms. Talk nicely to the staff. Be reasonable. This is not a five star ho...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

DON'T EVER COME AGAIN TO THIS PLACE!!!!
They have misbook my room to another person, and they gave me another room that is not what I wanted in the first place. Manage to call the owner through her handphone to demand a negotiation, but owner was rude saying that she is absolutely busy and have no time to entertain us and never even apologised to us for her rudeness. She should at least decline us politely no matter how busy she is!!

You can get a better place and the same price with lots of friendly staff with better facilities!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Cherating Bayview Resort? Share your experiences!