We have just returned from a lovely holiday in the Blue Lagoon. The staff were very friendly and cheerful.
We stayed in block 1000, which is the closest to the reception and main restaurant. The room was very clean and bright. It had a TV with sky News and local channels, tea and coffee making facilities and there was a fridge containing two bottles of water. The bath was only half length, but as I had a shower over the bath, I was happy. The room was serviced to a high standard.
The main restaurant had an enormous selection of interesting food, they even had a section for those who wanted bland food. The buffet was constantly being replenished. We tried the Greek restaurant which was excellent but mainly ate in the main restaurant as it has such a great variety of interesting and excellent dishes. The staff were very attentive to clear away used plates and to replenish our wine glasses.
The gardens were magnifient and well maintained by a friendly and cheerful staff. As the brochure will tell you there is a huge pool plus an adult only pool and a couple of pools for kids. I also found another pool near block 9000. This block is the furthest from reception and restaurant but I walked back in just under 10 minutes.
We used the spa and gym and found it to be quiet and restful. It seemed to be under used as most people want to lay on sunbeds around the huge beautiful pool. Free food and drinks were available somewhere in the resort from 7am to midnight.
I was very pleased with the hotel and holiday. I was there in October the weather was great, never going above 30 degrees and staying in the mid-20s. There were no crowds in the pools or restaurants. The bus to Kos Town stoped outside the hotel and cost 1-60 Euros.
On the downside: The Thomas Cook reps. were useless. They didn't know the bus times, which numbers or the cost and handed out black and white photocopies of a coloured map which made it difficult to find anywhere. They also told guests they needed a visa for the day trip to Turkey (not true) and if they paid them 40 Euros for their trip they would get the visa for them. The boat trip would cost 15 Euros if booked in Kos Town. I heard that the Thompson reps did the same. The reps are hardly the hotels fault.
My only disappointment with the hotel was that I had I to pay 5 Euros for one hour WI FI and 15 Euros for the key to the safe in my room, but all said it really was an excellent hotel and a great holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Kos Town
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Blue Lagoon Reort kós
- Luca Blue Lagoon
- Blue Lagoon Reort Hotel
- Luca Blue Lagoon Kos
- Luca Blue Lagoon Resort
- Blue Lagoon Resort Kos, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Resort is a recently built complex with 662 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is situated in Lambi, only 75m from the sandy beach, 2 km from the centre of Kos, 1.5 km away from the nearest shopping area and 22 km from the airport. This beautiful hotel has got a 1-storey main building, six 2-storey accommodation buildings at the main complex and 3 satellite buildings. The facilities at the Blue Lagoon Resort include the main buffet restaurant, the Greek buffet restaurant, the Grill / BBQ restaurant, the Poolside show cooking restaurant as well as the Italian a’ la carte restaurant for adults only, in which once per week also families with children are welcome. Have an exotic drink at one of the numerous bars; the Pool bar, the Piano bar with live music, the Lounge- or Sports bar or at any of the others waiting for you. If you long for something sweet, visit the crêpes and sandwich station at the main pool island. Our guests can choose between five pools; the 4000 sq meters main swimming pool for adults and a smaller of 200 sq meters for children at the main complex as well as two swimming pools for adults and one children's pool at the satellite buildings. Activities like football, tennis, mini-golf and beach volley will help you keep fit during your holidays, while the Votsalo Spa is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate your body and skin, offering a variety of beauty treatments as well as a fitness room, an indoor heated pool, sauna, steam bath and whirl pool for guests over 16 years of age. Special attention is given to the children at the Kid’s Clubs during daytime and at night professional entertainment is offered for all ages. The hotel also offers conference facilities of high standard as well as romantic venues like a Greek church or the beach for weddings. There is also a minimarket and a shop with accessories on the premises.The resort offers room facilities for everyone; no matter if you travel with friends, as a couple or a family; standard garden view rooms, pool view and sea view rooms as well as two- bedroom family rooms are available. There is also the alternative of a comfortable junior suite or a pool view room at the more quiet Adults-Only area. All the rooms are provided with air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini fridge, hairdryer, telephone, internet connection, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes and slippers. Ideal for those who need an escape for reloading their batteries, but also for those who like to entertain themselves with or without their family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Tingo and EasyToBook so you can book your Blue Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.