“Nice Family Company” 4 of 5 stars

9 Irodotou Str., Kos Town, Greece   |
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Kos Town
“Nice Family Company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We're very happy to stay at Hotel Sonia during our holiday. Hotel is very clean and especially we stayed room 5 so it was very good. If you are looking small hotel or pension in the center of Kos you should prefer this city hotel and we recommend Hotel Sonia. Madam Sonia Argyriou and her sons was very friendly...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We're very happy to stay at Hotel Sonia during our holiday. All family is very friendly and helper.
Hotel is very clean and new. I recommend to stay at Hotel Sonia to any one who will travel to Kos island, Greece. Location is perfect. There is no need to look for an other hotel. Mrs. Sonia is great, her husband is very kind and, I want to say.. Thank you.. one more time to her sons Yiannis and Afedoulis for their kind attention and friendly approaching us during our staying at the hotel. I absolutely will stay there
next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Helpful not once, not twice but three times!

I arrived very early morning on the boat from Syros and the owner's son very kindly picked me up at the port. I suppose I could have queued for a taxi but it was a very appreciated gesture. When at the hotel I expected that I would have to wait for a number of hours before a room was ready for me but before long one was ready for me and it was an upgrade too! So very kind of them.

However, what showed that they were really prepared to go the extra mile and more was the following day after I had left for the island of Nisyros. I discovered that I had left my identity card at the hotel. MAJOR PANIC! Yet again Hotel Sonia showed great service. Not to worry they said - they would send it to me on the next ferry from Kos to Nisyros. Sure enough I got it as promised. This indeed is great service.

What else do I need to say? My room was clean, comfortable and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hull, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hotel Sonia

We read the reviews and in some parts agree, though in summary I think the best phase to describe Hotel Sonia is 'you get what you pay for'!

Room.....we moved original allocated room (room 10) because it was too noisy, we could hear other guests having their breakfast early morning. We asked to be moved and was given a bigger room (room 5) which was much nice and quieter. We did have to pay a little extra for the bigger room though. All rooms are quite basic but very clean. The showers are fine and the air-con is good and they did provide a fan when asked which was nice.

Beds.....I've never experienced back ache like it. I aged 50 years 'sleeping' on hard slabs of bedding. Whilst some might like this, it was truly awful leading to sleeping on a lilo! I dreaded bed-time!

Breakfast.....Was ok but not great. You had a choice of toast and 1 egg should you choose it, coffee and orange. The bowl of jam and marmalade with the toast was always served in the same 2 tub everyday which i didnt like, couldnt help but think how many germs were on the bowls. Other breakfast options were available such as an omelette or toastie which you had to pay extra for but these were nice.

Location......as they say location, location, location. This is the prominent attribute of the hotel located nicely behind the harbour but within 2mins walking. It is quiet enough on the street with windows closed. We did have a room with a balcony though in the shade after 10am.

Staff.....Were friendly and helpful. Cleaner was very good!

Facilities.....The rooms do lack a kettle for making your own drinks although all extra drinks and food is available on site but at a cost. Bit inconvenient if you wanted a coffee first thing.

Checking out..... Was good. We had a late night flight and had to check out of our room at 12pm. Sonia and her sons kindly let us leave our bags in their secure office and then let us use a room for a couple of hours to shower and get ready for our flight home. Although we did have to pay extra for this we did appricate it.

All in I'd go back knowing what i know now but only for a couple of days. Kos Town is a lovely place. We stayed for 1 week in August and feel we would have been better staying somewhere with a pool that we could relax by a little as it was very hot, however if you are only there for a few days to explore the area then this is a great hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Room 10 or a balcony room floor 1
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was the second time we went to Kos, and the second time we stayed at Hotel Sonia. No reason to think of going anywhere else, because we loved it there the first time, and we loved it the second time just as much! Sonia, Yiannis and Afedoulis, you are the most hospitable and friendly people, and this review comes with a warm recommendation for everyone to stay at your hotel, to eat your yummy feta omelette, to smell the jasmine in your lovely garden and to have a great time in Kos. Thanks for everything! Give Liza a hug.

Room Tip: If you like your privacy: ask for room number 14, 15 or 16. They're down at the garden, and you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lugano, Ticino, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

rooms very very clean, positions: central of the city and the most important thing : Sonia's family very very nice and helpful :) breakfast: jam homemade excellent :D a lot of possibilities (greek yoghurth with honey, omelette with feta, bacon or fried eggs with bacon) breakfast on the terrace very very nice :) very good for families and couples and holiday with friends too :D
very very good quality in terms of value for money. The hotel is perfectly in the city center and near there are a lot of bars and restaurants. Parking on the street in front of the hotel :)
I recommed this hotel absolutely :D for us was wonderful :D

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Varese, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

You can find a very friendly environment, thanks to the owners of the hotel who are really kind and helpful. Even better, prices are fitting the whole service...that means: clean rooms with all comforts at 5 min walk from the city center. You'll like it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Sonia? Share your experiences!