“Misrepresentation?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments

You added Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Chalkonos & Arseniou & Georgiou Papandreou str, Kos Town 85300, Greece   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Kos Town B&B and Inns
Stafford
“Misrepresentation?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I think this hotel misrepresents itself in that the rooms are not soundproof and the clientele were all teenagers which meant loud music around the pool bar in the day and loud music and banging doors and shouting at night. Maybe it was my mistake to book an apartment hotel in July in Kos Town which is lively but I booked this hotel as it has a nice pool which I only used once due to the noise and lack of sun loungers. I also booked the hotel as the rooms looked modern and clean but the one I had had dated fixtures and fittings, the toilet seat broke as did the towel holder, and there was no tv and no shower head holder so I had to hold the shower over my head while washing my hair which was a pain. There was also no shower screen or shower curtain so the water from the shower just went straight on the floor. The balcony was overlooked and noisy so I didn't really use it which was a shame as there was a nice sea view. The pluses were that the bed was comfy (not common in 2-3* hotels in Europe), there is a lift, the staff were friendly and if I'd complained more I'm sure they would have been helpful, the location is fantastic loads if bars restaurants and shops nearby and there is Avis and cycle hire at the front of the hotel, the towels were also changed daily, and the pool looked like the pictures on the Internet. But I wouldn't stay here again as I value my sleep too much and I think it's overpriced.

• Stayed July 2013

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

First of all I have to say, the hotels I stayed in, in Greece were very different to standard hotels back in Australia in terms of room facilities. Any standard room in my view has at least a kettle and complementary coffee and teabags, usually iron and ironing board and in case of apartments with a kitchen, you'd expect to see toaster and sometimes a microwave .... But in this newly refurbished, modern, very clean hotel apartments all you can find is a kettle in the kitchen with some cutlery, dishes and glasses. The hotel doesn't have a breakfast room either so you are forced to go out for breakfast! So in terms of facilities in the room it was a big disappointment.
But fortunately the story doesn't end here. The hotel is clean in the rooms and in the common areas. Every day in the morning you can see staff doing a routine of cleaning and maintenance.
The girl who owns the place is an angel, she's always ready to help even if you catch her outside her working hours. When we told her that we need to iron our cloth, she kindly offered to borrow us one and she did. Every time we asked for her help she did her best to help us. Also the guy at the pool bar and the other guy were very friendly and helpful.
The internet was free and the reception was good.
The room was cleaned daily and towels were replaced.
The location of the hotel was best for us, as we wanted to walk to different restaurants, easily access the bike hire shops, be close to town, ...
All in all,I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with pool and ocean views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments

Address: Chalkonos & Arseniou & Georgiou Papandreou str, Kos Town 85300, Greece
Location: Greece > Dodecanese > Kos > Kos Town
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 10 B&Bs / Inns in Kos Town
Hotel Class:2 star — Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments Kos, Greece

If you own or manage Bristol Sea View Hotel Apartments, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.