“Good food , good value, offhand waiter” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Traditional Greek food and original Italian pizzas and pasta
Poynton, United Kingdom
“Good food , good value, offhand waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food was good, and I'm always impressed with warm rolls. As Greek wines go the red was pretty decent. Both my wife's chicken kebab and my stifado were good. We had the set menu which was priced at about 10 euros per person. The restaurant always seems to be busy, and is well lit at night to give a warm and welcoming appearance. The downside was when I queried whether I got a frappe with the set meal and the waiter replied "I'll show you the menu. I think I know my menus better than you , sir" No,sorry would have done nicely. Plenty of other restaurants/tavernas about, so we didn't return. Pity, because food and value are good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Valkenswaard
“Just the way we like it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

La Strega is situated away from the very busy city centre which to us was a big plus .
Charlie Smalios has created a very extensive menu ,so there's always something to choose for everyone . Whether it's the exquisite mezes or the pizza La Strega ( my favorite) ,you will not be disappointed with any of the dishes at La Strega .
The restaurant has a lovely setting and we thought the pricing very reasonable ,seen the quality ot the foods served. We went to La Strega 14 nights in a row to enjoy our diners with Charlie ,Zoltan and the kitchen staff.
Really really good outdoor restaurant in a quiet neighbourhood ;just the way we like it !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Le Strega certainly worked her magic and put a spell on us. Every dish we tried lived up to our expectations being both delicious and filling, all at a very reasonable price. After finding La Strega we came back night after night and never left disappointed. Charlie always took the time to explain what the dishes were if there was something on the menu you was unsure about. Service was at the usual Greek speed which was no problem for us, it was nice not to feel rushed out of a restaurant like you do in some establishments.

Visited September 2013
North Wales
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My pizza was fine, but my partner's mixed grill was a child's portion. Service was slow but this could have been due to a busy night.

Visited September 2013
england
“Fantastic Food and welcome from Charlie and Slattan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

What more can you say all the reviews speak for themselves .My wife and I where in Kos for 14 nights first night we dined at a restaurant close by .the next 13 nights we went to La Strega. The food is fantastic and the menu is extensive .There is only Charlie and Slattan so yes you may have to wait a little while , but so what ? you are on holiday drink a little wine and relax and enjoy the atmosphere as you wait for your meal to be prepared , the taverna is full every night that speaks for itself, the quality is second to none and at a reasonable price . If you go to Kos you have to try this taverna if you don't,you have missed an amazing oportunity to try some amazing dishes. I would just like to take this opportunity to Thank Charlie and Slattan for a wonderful time and also you both made our holiday so enjoyable we can't wait to return .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere