The hotel itself is a touch old fashioned, but only a bit. This is the same in the public areas and the rooms; they're modern, but not fully up to date, they just need a bit of a 'doll up' as it were.
The food at the hotel was superb though, really enjoyed it :)
Nice big flat screen TVs in the rooms too!
The staff were all superb, and really went out of the way to help us, especially so when we had some car trouble. The late night reception staff called around the staff available to find us a screwdriver and the such so we could get sorted.
My ONLY complaints were both bathroom related.
1) The extremely old fashioned hair drying contraption in the bathroom was not very effective, and completely fell apart when I tried to use it!
2) The toilet paper dispensers are those type which you pull out one square of paper at a time, and because they're so tightly packed in, it means when you pull a piece out, the paper tears and rips.
Aside that, not a bad hotel at all really, we'd probably stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located just minutes from junction 39, M1, this well established family owned hotel encapsulates the warmth and hospitality of Yorkshire. Whatever the reason for your stay, the four star Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield offers a variety of facilities such as 149 bedrooms,restaurant,19 conference and function suites and the popular fitness centre to unwind in the pool at the end of your day. The hotel offers free WIFI throughout all bedrooms and public areas and shows SKY sports in the lounge area on a daily basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Cedar Court Hotel