“Service was magnificent!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Hunter River
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Perth, West Australia
“Service was magnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

PEI Preserve Company has the best food in PEI, staff were amiable to a slight menu change, the fish chowder and lobster pie were to die for, very rich and full of flavours, the gift shop was full of lovely gifts and were amenable to giving a refund even though the receipt was missing, we gave the refund to their charity Garden of Hope with gratitude. Next time we visit we will eat all our meals here, great job guys!

Visited September 2013

Charlotttetown
“Great food,great service great price and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

As an Islander and business owner I use this restaurant on a regular basis. My tour business makes regular lunch stops here and on busy cruiseship days. The staff are excellent in providing quality service in a timely fashion. High quality local food at a reasonable price is a high priority for my clients and the a preserve Company delivers on all of these. Many of my clients comment on how enjoyable their lunch experience was. My fife and I often eat here when I'm not touring a true test to the incredible service and quality. Bruce the owner , who seems to be ever present is a wonderful host and goes the extra mile to make his guests welcome.

• Visited September 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Best Food in PEI Hands Down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been to PEI many times and always go to Island Preserve Company & the Gardens of Hope to buy presents but for some reason I have never eaten there. We finally had supper there this trip and we not only will be back, we were back our last night! Beautiful scenery, a view of the sunset over the river, delicious food, wonderful service and great entertainment make this a must stop place to eat. Luckily the menu states dessert first so you save room! Their signature Raspberry pie is to die for (think fridge jam your grandma used to make). Make sure you stop by for a meal when you are on the island.

• Visited August 2013
“I loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our cruise last September and had a great lunch of potato pie, salad and their special Raspberry Pie! Ever since, I have been ordering a supply of their jams, shortbread cookies and a beautiful woolen throw as a Christmas gift for my friend. Bruce was so nice (as was the staff). Highly recommended!

Visited September 2013
Portland, Maine
“Fantastic experience year after year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been going to Prince Edward Island every summer for the last five years with my girlfriend and father. Every year we have stopped in to the Prince Edward Island Preserve Company for at least a couple of meals because it is truly an exceptional experience. This year we decided why eat at the rest when we can eat at the best so we went every night for the eight nights we were there.
The view is fantastic and the meals are even better. Our only issue is that we didn't stay a few extra nights to get more of everything we enjoyed.
If you are planning a trip up to Prince Edward Island make sure you plan at least a couple of visits to PEI Preserve.
Our favorites this year were the Seafood Bubbly Cake, Potato Pie (if you are only going to go once this is a must try), the Philly Cheese Cake (who knew a restaurant in PEI could do such a good Philly dish) and the Chicken and Broccoli Crepe.

Already planning our eight days next year at the end of July. No bad seat in the house and an exceptional all around experience!

Chris