“beware lack of service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club

You added Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club to your Saves list
Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Viale Mediterraneo (ex Via Uno), 233 | Contrada Triscina di Selinunte, 91022 Castelvetrano, Sicily, Italy   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
boulder colorado
“beware lack of service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I left some clothing at this hotel. I asked them to mail them to a friend I have in Rome. They were sent the clothes collect so that the person accepting the package would pay. I questioned this method and asked what the price would be. They did not answer and the fee was 50 euros - as much as a night at the hotel. Later they wrote that they were shocked at this price but did not even ask when it was sent nor tell me the price. They were trying to do a favor but were so afraid that they might not get paid (even though they had my credit card number and I told them by email that I would pay anyway they wanted). They just were not that involved with running the place or paying any attention to us as it was pre season and so noone was around. Would definitely warn others to stay away. No pool with water - no spa,etc. nothing

Room Tip: they did not honor 2nd floor with view from venere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Triscinamare, Direttore at Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear Sirs,
We always thank all our guests for their comments, but when an episode is told, like in this case, we’d like facts to be told as they actually occurred. In fact, the episode told was the result of an intense e-mail correspondence, which we’ll sum up to give an idea of our services and policy.
As to spa and pool, no website or tour operator’s traditional catalogue has ever published that there is a spa or a pool in our property, and all publications say that the Children’s pool is available from June 11.

An operator of another hotel the guest was staying in after the stay in our hotel called us saying that the guest had forgotten some clothing in our hotel and asking us to send them urgently to the guests’ friends’ address in Rome charging the expedition to the receiver.
On the same day, the guest wrote to give us his friends’ address saying that he would be glad to send euros to cover any cost
On may 19 (that is, 6 days later!) the guest wrote us to ask us about the cost, and we replied that We had already sent the clothes per mail, but, since we had charged the expedition to the receiver, we couldn’t tell him the price, he should speak to his friends to know about it; he just replied saying: “Thank you so much. I too hope that we can come back again and stay longer.

On May 27 we received an e-mail from the guest, saying: “I appreciate your willingness to help and send my clothes to my friend, but I just found out that it cost 50 euros which is very expensive and probably my clothes are not worth that much. I had asked how you were sending them because I was worried this might happen. I can't believe that regular mail is that expensive and that you were so afraid that I wouldn't pay you back that you had to send it this expensive way that the person who gets the package has to pay. You had my credit card. I might feel like going onto travel web site like Trip Adviser and warn others that service isn't a part of your hotel. I am very disappointed about what happened. I am not coming back to Italy until July so there would be enough time to send them at a reasonable rate.”

At this point, we replied as follows:
“We’re really sorry that you had to pay so much for the expedition, and we want to make it clear that we haven’t replied earlier because we wanted to keep in touch with the post office before saying anything to you, which we did.
This being said, we’d also like to make it clear that it was the person who called us from the other hotel that told us to send the clothes and to charge the receiver for them; she didn’t mention any payment via credit card, nor did you on your e-mails; by the way, we’d also like to highlight our professional fairness, because of which we never thought of charging your credit card: the guests who book through an on-line travel agency only provide their credit card details as a guarantee, and we’re only allowed to charge them in certain circumstances, and after written consent; we would never even dreamt of charging one of our guests’ credit card for different purposes than the one it is provided for.
We were not afraid of anything, we just did what you suggested through the person of the other hotel. If such person could translate well what you said or not, we don’t know. If such person had told us to do something different, we would have done something different. You never said that you’d be back to Italy in July and that there was time for delivery; on the contrary: the person on the phone said that we had to sent the clothes urgently.
As to service, which you say we don’t provide, we want you to know that it was us that packed up the clothes and went to the central post office twice before succeeding in sending them, because each time there was too long a queue, and it was us that, understanding that the price is too high, called the post office to make it clear that there hadn’t been a mistake, and we’ll also give you the details of the post office, in case you want to contact them. I can’t imagine what else we could do. It’s true that we didn’t know the price for the expedition (just because it was made charging the receiver), but it’s as well true that, if you feared the expedition would cost too much if compared to the value of your clothes, you could have advised your friends not to pick up the package it cost more than your established budget. At the post office we were assured that the receiver could have refused to pick up the package and we could have arranged the expedition somehow else.
Just to let you know, when one of our guests forgets his/her documents, we send them per mail and bear the cost of the stamp. So, what do you mean for “service”, if not this?
The telephone number of the post office is (post office’s number follows).”

The guest replied on the same day:
“Thanks for the explanation and I am sure that some of the problem was because of the translations of the person from the other hotel because it was obvious that I would be leaving before it arrived but would be picking up the items in July. Thanks for clearing this up. I was just so shocked that the cost was extremely high and actually the same cost as one night at the room. I would gladly have paid a different way including sending euros or a credit card,etc. “

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club

Address: Viale Mediterraneo (ex Via Uno), 233 | Contrada Triscina di Selinunte, 91022 Castelvetrano, Sicily, Italy
Location: Italy > Sicily > Province of Trapani > Castelvetrano
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Castelvetrano
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club 3*
Triscinamare Hotel Residence is situated on the sunny south-western coast of Sicily, in an area which is rich in traditions and archaeological evidence. The property comprises of a hotel (with double and triple rooms) and of serviced apartments for 2, 3, 4, 5 people 200/250 meters far from the sandy beach (equipped in summer). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club Sicily/Castelvetrano, Italy

If you own or manage Hotel, Residence Triscinamare Club, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.