“Great b&b” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Laurels B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mohill
The Laurels B & B
Town Centre | 1 Green Lane, Mohill, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Mohill B&B and Inns
new york
“Great b&b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Lovely stay, lovely proprietors. Beds were good, only downside, no ensuite. But spotless and centrally located.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We went back to the Laurels after having been there, in 2008. We were welcomed by the new owners, Sean and Karen. We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed it even more than before. The rooms are lovely with ensuite, and all the amenities you would want. The breakfasts are lovely full Irish. The location is fabulous and convenient to everything in town. We enjoyed our stay and loved making new friends of our host and hostess!! We will definitely return and highly recommend their lovely B & B to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have family and friends in Leitrim, so spend at least four weekends a year in Mohill. I was recommended to " The Laurels " back about 5/6 years ago, when A lovely lady By the name of Anne was in charge.
So was a little worried when The laurels changed ownership, as I am a creature of habit and I do expect high standards.
I'm still staying at " The Laurels " which is now run by a very lovely and friendly couple, Karen & Sean, always get a great welcome from the two of them ! as do the rest of my family.
They also have done a lot to make one's stay even more pleasant, if that was possible.
To finish, the breakfast is enormous, and great quality bacon and sausages, fruit / cereals.
So thanks Sean & Karen and continued success.

Alan Pigott
[--]

Room Tip: Well all the rooms are spacious, nice decor, spotless and nice en suites, noise level is nil as ther...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

A lovely B&B in the heart of Mohill. Situated just off the main streets, it is quiet yet convenient to everything in the town. Hospitable and friendly owners.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Ireland is truly a holy and historic land. My husband and I visited Mohill last month. Mohill is the birthplace of my maternal grandmother whom I loved very much. I was wonderful to be in the town where she grew up.
We stayed in The Laurels B&B. What a wonderful find!! Sean and Karen couldn't have been more helpful and warm and welcoming. They have great information to share and are interested in helping to search out heritage information. Sean is funny. I love a sense of humor. The room was a clean and comfortable en suite. Just up the street from the cattle market, it was cool to hear the cows mooing as we rested in our room. There is also a pub within hearing distance. So nice to hear the irish ballads and music when they opened the back door of the pub. Not disturbing noice - wonderful atmosphere. Thank you Sean and Karen. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

i was warmly welcomed by Sean and Karen , i felt at home almost immediately, the rooms were very spacious, very clean, and had en suites, tea/coffee making facilities, and television, and internet access.....the breakfasts were second to none and served always with a smile..and just the whole atmosphere of the B and B was absolutely fantastic..it was set in a beautiful spot, quiet, and yet the town was just a stones throw away..so the best of both i experienced..a beautiful town..and if i ever find myself going down to Southern Ireland again..this would be my choice again..i have nothing negative to say about The Laurels at all..

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying in the Laulels recently . I stayed for just one night and was particularly impressed with the level of hospitality I received. Sean and Karen were most oblidging. I found the Laurels to be an excellent and base for a wedding reception I attended nearby. Sean kindly offered to drop me off at the reception. My room was a decent size with the on-suite spotless. Breakfast normally concludes at 10am, but I was alowed a little leeway which is always a plus the morning after. Considering I was on my own I received what I thought was an attractive rate. The Laurels is located centrally is a quiet location downtown. If I'm attending Lough Rynn again I would definitely use the Laurels if there's a room available

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Laurels B & B? Share your experiences!