“"A great stay in a lovely surround".” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brooklawn House

Brooklawn House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mohill
Brooklawn House
You added Brooklawn House to your Saves list
Lough Rynn, Mohill, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Mohill B&B and Inns
Castlerea, Roscommon, Ireland
“"A great stay in a lovely surround".”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Brooklawn sits in a really lovely surround and run by Dara who is a very pleasant host. We stayed there due to attending a wedding at Lough Rynn Castle and we could not have wished to stay in a better place. The room contained a very comfortable bed with ensuite which was very well laid out and had everything that we could possibly wish for. Breakfast was superb and in fact the whole experience was very enjoyable. I would certainly stay there again without doubt if the need arises.

Room Tip: We were very happy with the room we were given. It could not have been better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sligo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Where do i start. i was a single male traveller going to a friends wedding in Lough Rynn, who just really needed a bed! Upon arrival, Dara was so polite, friendly and welcoming. Then there was the added surprise of being upgraded to stay in the cottage! (Trust me, book in there if its available). It is like the fanciest of hotel suites but with the classy old school style. I imagine the Queens holiday chalet would look something like this! :-) . Homemade cake awaited me on a table decorated with the finest of china, which Dara offered to fill with tea as soon as she opened the door. unfortunately I had to decline as i was in a rush. Dara then told me that breakfast would be served to me in the cottage in the morning on this fanciest of tables. At this stage, I felt it would be rude to disturb this beautiful setting for a simple traveller like myself so I insisted I'd go up to the house for breakfast in the morning (PS. 20 yards away in case you are worried). From what I gathered the (two storey) cottage is essentially a self catering apartment if you require that or (as I experienced), full on Bed & Breakfast is available too. In the morning, Dara offered a full Irish Breakfast but again, I merely wanted scrambled egg on toast, then Dara done the lovely Irish thing of asking me was I sure I only wanted that? after which I decided to upgrade to some bacon. When the breakfast came out, I understood why she wanted to give me more, as her plating of food is a work of art! The breakfast room in the main house, again, was idyllic. Lots of windows looking out onto the glorious gardens and morning papers provided - an added bonus for a sport fan like myself. I wanted for nothing and I recommend trying Dara' home made brown bread!
I believe the key to Brooklawn house is Dara herself. So friendly, chatty, accomodating and charismatic. If every Bed & breakfast in Ireland had one of her, Ireland would be thronged with visitors. I wouldn't normally stay in such luxury (at a reasonable price I might add), so this was a lovely experience for me and I will remember the breakfast (food and setting for as long as I live).
Just to add in, Dara also dropped me to the hotel which was a nice extra. The house and grounds are a site to behold and I imagine all you walkers out there would adore the surrounding area. Finally, from what i gathered, everything you see is an antique which you can buy so again, this would be a bonus to some of you out there.
In conclusion, stay here if you are in the area and especially for people going to weddings in Lough Rynn Castle (who wanted to charge me €168 for a single room for the night!).

Room Tip: The cottage. It's an experience in itself.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Brooklawn house has so much character and charm, it is simply a joy to stay in. The atmosphere is so welcoming and friendly and the house itself is just beautiful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed in this B&B for a friends wedding in Lough Rynn and Dara was just so welcoming and her home is beautiful and the breaksfast was superb, and the added bonus of Dara dropping us up for our car to the castle the next day was just so nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I've just spent the most amazing time in brooklawn house! The house itself has an old worldly atmosphere with antique furniture vases flowers throughout. We had morning coffee in the dining room with fresh baked Victoria sponge great coffee looking out to the local lake There were swans swimming and the lake was like glass. We took a walk down to the waters edge through a bluebell forest ! A painters and writers paradise. I suggested to my host she should have artists and writers weekends! The peace and tranquillity and beauty of the place is incomparable with any other!The sun was shining and we sat at the edge and watched the swans bask in it's beauty! You have the option of b/b in house or self catering cottage. The self catering cottage was beautifully furnished a realty romantic retreat! An arched window looks out onto beautiful gardens with Elsa the german shepherd basking in the sun! she is adorable! Can't wait to go back I was totally stressed when we arrived but I encountered shangrila!!

• Stayed May 2012
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Myself and my husband recently stayed in Brooklawn House while attending a Wedding in Lough Rynn. Upon arrival we were greeted by Dara who was so welcoming and friendly and greeted us with Tea and homemade scones. Our room was bright, comfortable and very clean and the house itself is delightful as are the gardens. Our breakfast was excellent and more than generous. Overall a wonderful stay and can recommend to one and all as an excellent B&B experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed here with my husband to attend a wedding being held in Lough Rynn Castle. We were welcomed by Dara with tea, biscuits and homemade bread and jam. Our room was comfortable, clean, bright and had lots of character. Very homely feel to the house. Breakfast was delicious and very generous. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Brooklawn House? Share your experiences!