“Great night out” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Poole, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate very well at La Bella Vita. It was on a busy Friday night, but service was attentive, well informed and unflustered. Each course that we ordered was excellent, with the steak special and the peppercorn fillet being particularly good and reasonably priced for the quality of ingredient. The tiramisu was made by the lady who served us, and she obviously has a talent for it; it was light and delicious. The aglianico was a particularly good bottle from the reasonable end of their list. Our evening at La Bella Vita was a welcome breath of quality and enjoyment at the end of a hard day. We would certainly return if we pass that way again, and would be happy to recommend it to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear ECandMC,

Many thanks for the positive review and we have passed your comments on to the team. I am also a big fan of the Tiramisu our waitress makes. We do hope that you pass our way again soon.

72% Recommend
Leeds
“Good Sunday menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's been a while since we visited for Sunday lunch but it's still a lovely place to have a reasonably inexpensive meal for two. The £9.95 menu has changed since we last visited and our favourite fish dish is no more. The chicken liver pate is still very nice though. We both tried the Seabass on tagliatelle which my partner liked more than me. I felt that the tomato creamy sauce was a bit too tangy and didn't compliment the fish very well. The fish also was a thinner fillet and tasted a bit oily (cooking oily not fish oily). We still like the restaurant and the staff but maybe we need to try something else on the menu.

Dear Dominic,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that the food was not to your satisfaction and we have passed your comments onto our head chef who will look to make any changes he feels are needed. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind Regards
“My favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

La Bella Vita is by far my favourite restaurant because of the fantastic staff who all somehow manage to make you feel special. The food is excellent, however my favourite dish of lobster ravioli has been taken off the menu, I'm gutted! Nothing else quite matches up to it and what used to be a fantastic night out with friends (who also by the way loved this dish) is just not the same.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Bev,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that everything was good - except for the lobster ravioli being taken off the menu. We will re-look at this dish on our next menu change. Thanks again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a really wonderful meal at La Bella Vita for my birthday on 11th October. This is my first visit to the restaurant and I'm glad I was not put by other recent less than favourable reviews. The ambience was great - sleek modern decor with comfy chairs and tables not too close together. A stylish bar area to enjoy a drink before being shown to your table. The welcome was warm and friendly. Service was great but the real star of the show was the delicious food. I had an excellent starter consisting of Parma ham, marinated artichokes, balsamic onions, chorizo and mascarpone on a bed of dressed leaves. It was a delightful combination of tastes and textures with just the right balance of sweetness and acidity. I followed this with the risotto with pancetta, porcini mushrooms and Parmesan shavings, which was to die for, accompanied by a mixed salad. This was the best dining experience I have enjoyed for some time and I can't wait to visit again and sample more of the excellent cuisine on offer. Having lived in Italy for four years, I found La Bella Vita very authentic with particularly nice typically Italuan touches, like the complimentary liqueur at the end of the meal. I am a self confessed foodie and have eaten at sims excellent restaurants. For me, this ranks up there with the best of them and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend La Bella Vita to all my friends and family.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to be able to pass reviews like this onto all our staff. We hope others are not put off by the less favourable reviews as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Really gone down hill!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We hadn't been here for about a year and were really looking forward to it. The restaurant was empty when we arrived at 5.45 on Saturday evening but soon quickly filled up and had a nice buzzing atmosphere. However, the menu had changed since we last went and the quality of food seemed really poor tonight. My partner and I struggled to choose a main dish., the garlic pizza bread was tasty and my son enjoyed his ham pizza (which was actually quite big considering it was a child's). My bruschetta was tasteless and swimming in oil, my main of pasta with cod and prawns was so overpowering, I only had a few mouthfuls as it soon became too much and I couldn't stand the thought of having any more. My partner had calzone which too was tasteless and boring. My sons chocolate fudge cake was neither warm nor cold but was a good size portion and came with plenty of cream. The best bit of my meal was my drink of hot chocolate. My partner was still hungry after having eaten only half his calzone and he was still eating breadsticks on the way home. The staff we pleasant enough and we were served and attended to promptly (although the waitress taking our order did quite rudely cut me short mid order to "shout" over to a colleague who had "shouted" something to her. The male toilets are so tiny that my partner actually struggled to get into the cubicle with my 5 year old. We were really looking forward to tonight as we've never had a bad experience we but left feeling really disappointed - we definitely won't return for a long time now.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Caf,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that the food was not to your satisfaction. We are constantly trying to improve our standards so your comments were passed to our head chef who further investigated and made any changes that he felt were needed. We hope that you will visit us again soon.