“Really gone down hill!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Really gone down hill!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We hadn't been here for about a year and were really looking forward to it. The restaurant was empty when we arrived at 5.45 on Saturday evening but soon quickly filled up and had a nice buzzing atmosphere. However, the menu had changed since we last went and the quality of food seemed really poor tonight. My partner and I struggled to choose a main dish., the garlic pizza bread was tasty and my son enjoyed his ham pizza (which was actually quite big considering it was a child's). My bruschetta was tasteless and swimming in oil, my main of pasta with cod and prawns was so overpowering, I only had a few mouthfuls as it soon became too much and I couldn't stand the thought of having any more. My partner had calzone which too was tasteless and boring. My sons chocolate fudge cake was neither warm nor cold but was a good size portion and came with plenty of cream. The best bit of my meal was my drink of hot chocolate. My partner was still hungry after having eaten only half his calzone and he was still eating breadsticks on the way home. The staff we pleasant enough and we were served and attended to promptly (although the waitress taking our order did quite rudely cut me short mid order to "shout" over to a colleague who had "shouted" something to her. The male toilets are so tiny that my partner actually struggled to get into the cubicle with my 5 year old. We were really looking forward to tonight as we've never had a bad experience we but left feeling really disappointed - we definitely won't return for a long time now.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Caf,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that the food was not to your satisfaction. We are constantly trying to improve our standards so your comments were passed to our head chef who further investigated and made any changes that he felt were needed. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kindest Regards

“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal. Enjoyed it so much. Food just met the expectation, service was quick and to be honest the staff really friendly, helpful and polite they were! Spot on, also prices the best in Leeds.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Peshref,

Many thanks for your review and we are pleased that everything was to your satisfaction.

Kindest Regards,
York, United Kingdom
“Rude Staff Who Did Not Seem To Care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I visited with 5 friends on Sunday, the place was very busy so we expected to wait, however we were shown into an ante room and served drinks, then to our table, all seemed very organised, and the wait was not too bad. The food however was very hit and miss, bruscetta was very small and tasteless, meatballs the same, a main course pasta dish which should have been gluten free seemed to throw the place into dissarray, the waiter said he had no idea if it was gluten free and asked how he was supposed to know. Things then went further downhill, a steak ordered medium rare was almost well done, as they were busy I let that go but when at the end of the meal when I pointed out how the steak was cooked our beligerent waiter said well its too late now you've eaten it, and also he informed me it wasn't anything to do with him as he did not cook it. When I mentioned the sauce tasted vinegary, he gave me the dohhh expression and said it will do it has tomato sauce in it which contains vinegar. Realising this man did not care we asked for the bill and left never to return, there are much better Italian restaurants and I would suggest to anyone to find one,

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Alan,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry that you felt the staff were rude on your visit. I can assure you that all our staff have received further training since your visit. I do however feel that your communication with the staff member may have got lost in translation. Gluten free is no issue for us as everything is cooked fresh so we can quite easily change any dish to the customer requirements - just to note there are no main course pasta dishes that are gluten free (you have to specify the option as stated on the menu) as you have suggested. Also I am confused as to why you would say that you would let the issue with the steak go only to say that you pointed it out. We would recommend to any customers that if you do have a problem with how the steak is cooked then please point this out to us asap so that we can rectify it. How people perceive a medium rare steak to be can be vastly different. We hope that you do have chance to visit our restaurant again as we feel that our standards are far higher than you have made out.

Kindest Regards
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Nice food & house red”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Located on Garforth's main street. The food was decent & the house red was lovely. Good service too. Italian isn't my favourite food but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.

Visited October 2012
Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Many thanks for taking your time and coming back to write the review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just had lunch at this place and it was spot on. The starters and main were delicious. Having lived not too far away I feel ashamed to say that we have never visited this restaurant before but will certainly be back again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Many thanks for the review. It is always pleasing to be able to pass on comments like this to the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.