“5th visit in 5 years” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
Rothesay
“5th visit in 5 years”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here in June for the fifth time for two nights whilst attending a trade show in Garforth. We have noticed a change in the catering provision over the five years that we have used the hotel. Breakfast was good from a self service buffet but the evening meals offering was limited and did not attract us. In previous years, there was dinner for two with wine offer which was good, but this option appears to have vanished form the menu. We chose to eat out at a nearby steak house which we will review separately.We cannot comment on the quality of the evening menus because we did not try it.

The bedroom was clean and comfortable. We did not experience the damp issues mentioned by previous reviewers and can only assume that they had ground floor rooms. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. Staff were efficient and courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room to avoid problems with other guests late arrivals, since this hotel cater...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sarah Y, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear busker0,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I would like to thank you for continuously staying with us over the years, I hope this will continue and we can make your every stay very welcoming. The 3, 2, 1 offer you mentioned has recently just been taken off our menu, however there are various other promotions on offer that may have taken your interest.

It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and the hotel. I can assure you that all your feedback has been passed on to my fellow employees. Once again thank you for taking your time to leave a review.

Sarah Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Here for a wedding, food was fabulous sourced from elsewhere. Service terrible, staff not interested in servicing if there not working on the bar. Waiting for kids drinks whilst the useless bar staff try to restock. Nice area she about the staff!!

Dear 8311ben,

Thank you for your review, our guest feedback is essential to help to ensure that I can continually improve the service and facilities that we offer. I was very concerned to hear about the comments you made regarding the level of customer service. I deeply apologise for this. I can assure you that this is not the type of customer service we deliever in our hotel and for this matter this has been fully investigated and resolved to avoid further incidents like this.

southend on sea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

stayed for 1 night on our way to scotland with alfa holidays. our room was spacious and bathroom very good, no mould as mentioned in other reviews or awful smells and the corridors were nice and clean, as was the rest of the hotel. food was very nice and the breakfast excellent with lots of choice. staff were very pleasant, and we enjoyed our stay shame we couldnt have stayed here again on our way home, as the hotel on the way back was not so good

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear karenSouthendOnSea,

I really appreciate you taking your time to leave such a pleasent review regarding your recent stay with us. Im very pleased to hear that you noticed the level of clealiness throughout the hotel. Our hotel is very proud of it's level of cleanliness. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Thank you for mentioning our friendly staff. I hope they made you feel more than accomodated for. We hope we can welcome you back to our hotel for future visits to Leeds.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as it was close to the festival we were going to and we didn't want to camp. The room was very basic which to be fair was all we needed and the bed was fine. The bathroom wasn't good the shower was covered in white stuff, the towels when held up to the light had yellowish stains on them and there was a bogey on the door. The walls are paper thin and somewhere on the floor there was a very unhappy little dog that barked every time someone walked down the corridor throughout the night. On the plus side the staff seemed friendly enough and the receptionist was helpful. Breakfast was good and actually better than other Holiday Inns we have stayed at. Going home feeling like we should of just camped.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, our guest feedback is essential to help to ensure that I can continually improve the service and facilities that we offer. I was disappointed to read that you were disturbed during the night. Weekends at our hotel are very popular with guests who are visiting Leeds. Im sorry on this occasion you did not get a good nights sleep.

I appreciate your comments regarding the room, myself and our Housekeeping Manager will be looking into the views on how we can improve the rooms. Please be assured that any feedback we recieve is taken very seriously and is looked into immediately and investigated. Most of our bedrooms and bathrooms have recently been refurbished however there are still a few awaiting an update. We apologise for your experience on this occasion.

However I am very pleased you mentioned our friendly staff and the quality of the breakfast we provide. We regulary recieve excellent reviews for the quality and standard of food. Im very pleased you took your time to leave a review. I hope if you choose to come and stay with us again we can be more than accomodating for you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Avoid! Not only could I smell the damp when I walked in, I could taste it too! The carpets in the hall were stained. The bathroom had ingrained dirt around the edge of the floors and mould on the tiles. Bed was lumpy. Breakfast was ok but one particular member of staff not so. I had to ask for a cereal bowl as they had all been taken, not for the first born child which she so obviously thought I had asked for. If I had paid £50 to stay I would have expected this level of hotel, but I didn't I paid over £90

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At the Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. We are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your restaurant experience. I am deeply concerned our staff were not able to make you feel welcome at this particular time. This matter is been looked into by our catering manager.

We are terribly sorry to learn of your disappointment with your bedroom. Most of our bedrooms and bathrooms have recently been refurbished however there are still a few awaiting an update. We apologise for your experience on this occasion.

We very much appreciate such constructive criticism, as it enables us to make improvements and to provide the high standards of service which our guests expect from us.

Sarah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was glad we only stayed one night as a stop over, carpets and walls were grubby, on walking to our room down the corridor there were loads spiders on the ceiling tiles where the windows were open. We had someone's socks on the floor in our room(gross). The bathroom was quite mouldy ..in all a dingy room. We travel around the uk frequently and its not often i feel the need to write a bad review. The bonus was we did sleep well and breakfast was nice and a good variety, though the young woman who served us clearly wasn't customer service focused. I will mention the lady on reception was nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Im delighted to hear you mentioned our friendly staff as we pride ourselves on giving high standards of customer service. We want to make every customer feel welcome during their stay.

Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and have been investigated. I can confirm that these matters have been raised with the housekeeping management team and have been brought to all the housekeeping staff's attention. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and we welcome any feedback from our valued guests for oppourtunities to improve. Im deeply sorry on this occasion that we could not meet our typical high standards.

Thank you again for your contact and for the time you have taken to inform us of your experience. We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future should your travel bring you back to the Leeds area again.

Sarah
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I think this is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms are very tired and dirty, especially the bathrooms. They smell damp and there is black mould on the tiling grout. Very grubby.
The staff are very "matter of fact" and not particularly friendly.
I asked for marmalade with my toast in the morning and was told they do not do marmalade. DON'T DO MARMALADE for breakfast! says it all! They couldn't care.
I stayed with for a week with my business college for a week and we were going to stay for another 5 weeks while working in the Leeds area but could not stand another week in the dirty place. In fact we are staying in another hotel (The Best Western Milford Hotel in Leeds ) so much better and a complete opposite. Fantastic.
The whole hotel wants closing down and have a major re-vamp to bring it into the 21st. century.

Room Tip: Avoid the Holiday Inn. Book into the Best Western!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear William N,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay.

I apologize that the level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests are provided with a clean, comfortable room. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!