“Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
United Kingdom
“Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a trip to the north east. Reception staff very helpful and cheery made us feel very welcome. Got a room upgrade also, thanks to priority club and also free wifi. Restaurant was ok with a limited menu but the rib eye steak was very nice.
Hotel is a little tired and corridors are cold, but its not one I would avoid just because of that. All in all value for money.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to the holiday inn garforth for valentines night and had the special valentines menu,we
were seated in seperate area and it was all very nice.The tables were nicely set with balloons and confetti and a red rose for evry lady.The food was really good and the staff really helpfull in every way. My only complaint was the toilets which i visited around 9.30 sadly not everyone leaves them as i would like to find them however when i checked the service list on the wall they had not been checked since 5.00 this i think needs more management checks.Also may i suggest that the toilet brushes be removed as i know very well how to clean a toilet but do not need to see the utensil that is used.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Booked with Super Break on a 2 nights, 1 Evening Meal the hotel was good value for money when you consider also gym and pool.
Location means you are close to the Motorways and Leeds/York/Harrogate/South Yorkshire
Tip 1 - Temple Newsam House - around the corner is well worth a visit - Capability Brown landscaped and impressive house run by the City Council - 10.30-4 opening hours daily in winter
Tip 2 - WIFI is poor - make sure you find out where the server is located and take a room near this - quiet rooms like 140 at the very end of a long corridor probably did not help with this
Tip 3 - if you go to Xscape in the evening - good restaurants,bars,ski slope and cinema - remember late films start at 7.50 - so if on meal deal you need to book in for restaurant opening at 6.30pm

Room Tip: Remember the further your room is from reception the poorer the WIFI - don't take 140,142 etc
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel truly is a dump. It is a classic example of what happens when you franchise your brand and don't control the standards. I have stayed here a number of time as it is local for the office but it has never been a good experience. They have a desk for priority club check in but only ever have one member of staff on reception so that is completely pointless. I paid the extra for an executive room but that was poor. The executive benefits are a minibar and an old sky box connected to an old cathode ray tv. The minibar cabinet was wooden but the top was covered with water stains. These must have been there for ages so there is really no excuse for this. The rooms badly need refurbishing and the attention to detail in the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired.

The restaurant is ludicrously overpriced for the experience and in the morning there is one of the servers who could best be described as surly.

I have given feedback to the management on a number of occasions but it make no difference. The only saving grace is the loyalty scheme means you can use your points to stayin decent hotels. I have also filled in the ihc feedback forms but have received no response.

Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear sjonesgb,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, England. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Originally from the region i have known of the Hotel all my life. Because we came back to visit family for Christmas we decided to use this as a base.
I think the comment "Average" best describes the place. The rooms are reasonable without been great. I did book a family room, which is a double and a single, both beds were ok.
TV choice is not brilliant unless you want to pay for premium channels.
The pool is adequate, if a little tired looking and the Gym and steam room are both ok.
Wifi costs £10 per day and is available to use in the room due to repeaters down all cabinets.
Parking is free and controlled by a barrier for exit so relatively secure.
Its located in Garforth which is on the outskirts of Leeds and close to York with good road links to the M1.

Room Tip: Join the priority club (its free) and then you get the Wifi for free (£10/day saving), a discount on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear UK-Frosty,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here for a 2nd time in November 2012, as part of a coach trip to York (which I love). Sadly I wasn't impressed with my 1st stay (two years ago), and still wasn't with my 2nd stay. The hotel is tired looking, and attention to detail with regard to cleanliness left a lot to be desired. The standard areas seemed clean enough, like the bathroom but I wasn’t impressed with the cobwebs on the wall lights and other areas near the bed head. Our evening meal was a carvery, but I have to say for a 2nd time, not impressed. The portions were very small (two small slices of meat), and I didn’t feel the other dishes were up to much either, certainly not in keeping with my expectations for a Holiday Inn establishment.

The only saving grace was the staff. All of those I met were friendly, and very accommodating, and I think it’s a real shame they clearly work so hard in an environment that clearly needs an update (and a good clean).

I do wonder if I’m being unfair .... but having stayed at other Holiday Inns’ and other hotels last year (and before), I do feel this one is the worst of those I’ve stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was not expecting a lot from a cost-effective hotel option like Holiday Inn, apart from somewhere to sleep on the way through the city. In fact I was pleasantly surprised: comfy bed, great hot shower, good food, free wifi, free parking and friendly staff.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: far away from the dining area are the quietest rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!