“The experience of a life time” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Kleinbaai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: White Shark Ventures invites you cage diving with great white sharks in the aptly named "Shark Alley", near the fishing village of Gansbaai, South Africa. Due to various geographical reasons, water temperatures and easy access to food, this area has earned worldwide fame and recognition as the single most successful area to view the great white shark within a very shot period of time. In successful operation for 23 years, and established in 1992, White Shark Ventures were the founders and pioneers of shark cage diving in Gansbaai. Our tours are not only highly educational, but we also actively participate in documenting valuable research information on great white sharks, which is forwarded to Marine & Coastal Management Research and various Marine Biologists world-wide. Our directors and employees are passionate about conservation and rehabilitation of all wildlife species, more which can be seen on our website. Our company were the founders of the Great White Shark Protection Foundation, a body dedicated to the protection and preservation of the great white shark globally. Our tour includes; Luxurious return road transfers from Cape Town; Light breakfast and hot beverages offered upon arrival in Gansbaai; Snacks and drinks on-board; Educational information and safety briefing; Diving equipment and wet-suits available at no additional cost; Assisted cage diving for divers and snorkelers; Spectacular surface viewing for non divers; Hot lunch, beer and wine served upon return to shore; Stop over for land based whale watching in Hermanus (only when whales are spotted) Drop-off at Cape Town International Airport at no additional cost. (Upon request).
Attard, Malta
44 attraction reviews
“The experience of a life time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Bad weather had forced us to put this trip off for two consecutive days. Then we were informed that the trip is on on our last day in the area. We arrived early and settled in for breakfast and safety briefing. Soon we were out to sea, in rough weather. When we arrived at our spot we mad our way to the observation deck on top whilst the drew set the cage down. Within minutes we had our first visitor. I was pretty seasick and so were most of the others but I made an effort and dropped into the cage. It was wonderful. I forgot my sickness, my fear and the cold (it was winter). See the monsters glide by us, just inches away from us was an unforgettable experience. I can still see the dark black eye of the great white shark as it swam less than 6 inches from our cage. I felt humbled by the experience. We saw 7 separate great white sharks, the largest was a 19 foot female, and whilst in the cage we had three breaches (shark swims out of the water at speed and comes crashing back down. I have no words for it. WOW!!
On our return we were given a hot meal, recovered from our sea sickness ( I forgot to take seas sickness pills and the weather was really rough, my fault). Then we collected our preordered DVD with video and photos, bought a very cherished t shirt and other stuff, and drove off, nine hours later, tired but very very happy.

Visited August 2012

New York City, New York
“Experience of a lifetime, do this before you die!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We'd saved up to go on this trip, first time ever to South Africa and wanted to do the cage diving badly, unfortunately we had very little time in Cape Town, so I tried to squeeze in as much as humanly possible into the time we had. I did some research, called White Shark Ecoventures and spoke with Hayley, she was very nice and said they'd do everything they could to get us back into Cape Town (2hr drive) in time for our next scheduled adventure. So 5am on the dot we were picked up by Vian who guided us throughout the day, he was also our dive master. He was friendly and very knowledgeable. They fed us a light breakfast and a hearty lunch once we'd returned. Within 5 mins of the water being chummed the sharks arrived, it was breathtaking. We saw a great white breach the water twice (very rare) and kill a seal not far from us, we were told this is rarely witnessed, it was amazing. Everyone got their turn in the cage, some people 2 or 3 times, so everyone got their fill. Warning the water is COLD, but it is the experience of a lifetime! We felt well taken care of & safe. After we got back, we ate lunch while we watched the short video they made of our trip, then began the journey back to Capte Town. Along the way we stopped at Hermanus beach and whale watched. Vian flew us back to town on time! Unreal, we were so grateful. We had rented a waterprood digital camera from them and took great pics, unfortunaley in an attempt to resize the pics we accidently reformatted the memory card (not very tech savvy) so we lost them all. When we got back into NY, I emailed Hayley to let her know we had a great time and to compliment Vian, I mentioned that we'd lost all our pics. She sent me amazing pics that she had personally. I feel that they really went above and beyond to meet our needs. I've recommened this place to coworkers already, if you're going to go cage diving do it with them :)

Visited October 2012
Belfast
5 attraction reviews
“Six sharks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Got picked up at 5:10 and went around Cape Town picking up other passengers who weren't so punctual. Then began the two hour journey to Gansbaai. We arrived and were given breakfast while we signed the waivers. We then received a talk about the course of the day and what to expect and how to behave. We then boarded the boat and were launched down the slipway. We then travelled out to the area where we would experience the sharks. Within minutes of the chum being thrown out, we sighted our first shark. Everyone started to get into wetsuits and then into the cage five at a time when ready. The crew told us when to dive and we went under the water to sight the sharks. After our 5 min, we were rotated to give everyone some time in the cage. I got to go into the cage twice and had the possibility to go a third time but with the water temperature and amount of sighting in my previous dives, I declined.

The whole experience was smooth and well worth it. It was also very safe as my girlfriend who had been apprehensive about diving also went in.

Visited September 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Must-do activity whilst in South Africa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had a fantastic during the shark dive! What an experience. All members of the crew were really helpful and ran the whole operation really smoothly, from getting everyone on the boat, attracting the sharks with the bait and ensuring a good rotation so that everyone got a fair look in the cage. Would thoroughly recommend this trip!! Thanks for a great day!

Visited September 2012
solihull
“SHARK DIVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and i had a fab time during our recent white shark dive, we were very well looked after and felt completely safe in the hands of Weihann,Lydia,and co.
They are absolute professionals with a clean well eqipped boat they have superb knowledge of their subject and have vast experience in what they do and do it well.
This was our first visit to this amazing country and we could not have picked a better host, the very first sight of that magnificient Dorsal Fin cutting through the water approaching our cage will remain in our memory forever.
We will certainly use the services of this company again and cannot recommend them highly enough
wWe strongly urge anyone who wants this experience to just do it and NOT wait and enjoy the memory for years to come.
PANKAJ and RAMA WARA