“About the only thing that is nice is the view...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Firefly Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Firefly Bed and Breakfast
You added Firefly Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
80 Bull Run Rd, Lincoln, VT 05443   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Concord, New Hampshire
“About the only thing that is nice is the view...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

My husband and I thought a honeymoon involving our horses would be a great getaway, since horses is what brought us together in the first place. According to the website, there would be shelter and pasture provided for the horses. Sure, there was shelter, but only for her horses. Then, the pasture for our horses had cattle fence (maybe 2.5 feet?) and we were asked if our horses respected electric fence, and they do, except the next words out of the innkeeper's mouth was "Oh, it isn't electrified". The whole time I was worrying about when some thunderstorms hit (which they were supposed to that day) and my horses running blindly though wire.

It was rather warm when we arrived, but both of our horses are in good shape and we wanted to just go for a stroll down the trails (trails = dirt roads by the way, roads that Vermonters like to drive pretty fast on! It was funny because they wave as they are passing you on your horse doing about 40 mph on this little roads!) The innkeeper had the map for the trails, and she was reluctant to give them to me. She was like "Are you sure? It's awfully warm, you know you should let the horses settle in first" I was like "We would like to just go for a walk." She made us feel very uncomfortable. I kind of knew this might happen when I got the horses off the trailer and shavings came out along with them, and she commented "Oh, it looks like we are going to have to rake that up now."

As far as the actual accommodations go, the cabin is quite cute but not recommended for hot weather since there is no air conditioning (I don't think the main building has A/C either, but don't quote me on that). According to her website, it claims that if you rent the cabin you will have a private passageway into the back of the main building. This "private passageway" is nothing more than the back door to her house. By main building, she means her house. The bathroom she would like you to use it across the hall from her actual bedroom...just not accommodating at all! My husband and I felt she was watching our every move, constantly making sure we were not ruining something on her property like wayward teenagers. We left that day...we were not there more than a couple hours.

• Liked — The view is amazing.
  • Disliked — The feeling of being uncomfortable, it was too much like being a stranger's house.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)

Been to Firefly Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!