My husband and stayed here for 2 nights during our tour with Kuoni.
Our villa type room was spacious, as was the 'wet room' type bathroom, although the toilet seat was cheap plastic.
Toiletries were supplied in little ceramic pots.
Whilst we were there the electric went off on several occasions for a brief spell, probably due to the wet weather.
The grounds were very large with amusing monkeys,chipmunks and birds. There was a big lake where you could have a boat ride if you chose to.
It was lovely listening to the 'jungle' sounds on a morning and evening.
Unfortunately there is nothing around the area so you have to stay in the hotel.
It was dimly lit at night, and could prove to be difficult to walk on the pathway due to there being large gaps between the paving slabs.
The bar/lounge was large, staff were polite and friendly, drinks were reasonable, although wine was expensive due to it being imported.
The food was to die for, with a very extensive choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaaya Village Habarana lies sprawled across 27 acres of luxuriant land bordering a stunning lake of Habarana. The hotel's cozy cottages, inspired by the typical thatched roof huts found locally, lie in clusters with low roofs and brownish yellow exteriors. Chaaya Village Habarana boasts of 94 Superior Rooms, 12 Deluxe Rooms and 2 Suites set in the middle of thousands of high-rise trees that provide fruit, medicinal properties and plenty of shade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Chaaya Village Habarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Village Habarana Hotel Habarana
- Chaaya Village Hotel Habarana
- Chaaya Village Resort Habarana