“Fantastic food and service in a very nice athmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Visit restaurant Fonda El Postillon in which you can enjoy a cosy and select athmosphere and where you can sample cuisine with a bit of difference. Come and try our a la carte menu or fixed price menus! Summer opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday 19:00 to 22:30, Sunday lunch 13.00 To 16.00. Closed on Monday.
“Fantastic food and service in a very nice athmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

We ordered a table together with some friends - who knew the restaurant from before.
We were greated by the owners, including the french chef. We had a fantastic dinner in a very nice and rustic athmosphere - and with excellent service.
I ordered a "sollemillo" - which was extremely tender and good - followed by a good wine recommended by the house.
This was in the middle of the week in November, so there were several empty tables.
But this is a place that deserves to be very well visited. It is highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
fondaelpostillon, Manager at Fonda El Postillon, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you very much for your review!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tasty food in a country setting 30 mins drive from Puerto Banus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Inland from Mijas and Fuengirola we visited this place at the recommendation of local friends while staying at Puerto Banus. Its about 30 mins drive and worth going to if you fancy some authentic Spanish food in a beautiful country restaurant setting. Only one chef so you have to book at weekends and service is not fast ... but the food is worth the wait. Very freshly made, very tasty food. Not cutting edge ... more quality traditional fare perfectly cooked. 8 of us went and we all enjoyed our food. Relaxed friendly atmosphere. Worth a visit if you are staying near by or don't mind the drive from Marbella area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fondaelpostillon, Manager at Fonda El Postillon, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review!

Malaga, Spain
“Friendly and attentive staff - great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Had an absolutely wonderful meal for two at El Postillon last night, the restaurant is a real hidden gem. Is unlike any other I have visited in and around Málaga - the staff were first class, the atmosphere was calm and relaxing even though they were fully booked, and the food was excellent - beautifully presented and of the highest quality. We both really enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to book a night at the restaurant again. Definitely one of the best restaurant experiences we have had at a restaurant for a long time! Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your review!

Alhaurin el Grande, Spain
“Nice dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Good Food, Nice atmosphere and fine service. Recommended.
Had a starter and a main course. Dessert after.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thank you for your review!

Helsinki, Finland
“Good that Chef came back to business Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

I have enjoyed dinner made by Chef Xavier Sierra first time in early/mid of 1990's. I visited in Fuengirola few times a year almost 20 years. Restaurant Paris Madrid was my favorite because my normal dinner in restaurant is always Filet with sauce and baked potato or in this case rice. I visited both Fuengirola locations and after that La Cale De Mijas before restaurant was finally closed because Xavier focused for an another business. I ate close to hundred filet in Paris Madrid restaurants and never disappointed.
I was more than glad when I heard new restaurant was open. In my point of view wrong location but not too far from Fuengirola. While visiting September in Fuengirola I had possibility to visit this new place Fonda El Postillion.
I was eating my filet, sauce and rice. Filet was made to perfect medium, bourdelaise sauce was just as it needs to be and rice al dente. All fit together exactly as I remembered almost decade before.
I was accompanied with my wife, her sister and my baby daughter - other meals were good as well as desserts. Atmosphere in restaurant was nice and relaxing
We were sitting outside in a terrace and I liked view to garden. I hope that I can visit there winter time because I was looking premises I can imagine how nice it is to have a dinner in rustic style big dining room - with fire in a big fireplace.
Next time in Fuengirola I will definately take couple evenings and visit this place again.
In case places in Fuengirola are getting bored - visit this place.

Thanks for staff - It was our pleasure to visit.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fondaelpostillon, Manager at Fonda El Postillon, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much!