“Excellent Hotel-Service with a Smile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Armada Hotel

You added Armada Hotel to your Saves list
Armada Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spanish Point, Miltown Malby | Spanish Point, Miltown Malbay, Spanish Point, Ireland (Formerly Burke's Armada)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Spanish Point
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cork
“Excellent Hotel-Service with a Smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

I stayed in this hotel recently with my friend and I must say I really enjoyed it. The food, sevice and staff were all excellent. It was a enjoyable stay.
The views from the bedrooms were outstanding. It was a real relaxing break. Very nice hotel and excellent, friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

hi,

I stayed in Burkes Armada Hotel last june for a family wedding and have nothing but praise for the Hotel,

It is a family run hotel and you can tell that from the minute you step inside the door. There were two staff behind the reception desk one female and one male and I have to say that they could not have done enough to make us feel more at home. I think the female receptionists name was June but I am not 100% on that.

We used most services in the hotel dined in the restaurant on one of the evenings and attended a wedding on the second evening and throughout the hotel the staff were very courteous.

I would reccommend Burkes Armada Hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

I stayed here in September and I have to say that i didn't enjoy staying here.
I booked the room over 6 weeks before my requested date.
When I called to make this booking the receptionist had a very poor telephone manner and kept putting the phone down to do other stuff - after 11 minutes of being on hold - she eventually came back and screamed down the phone to me - asking me to give her my credit card details!!! I put in 2 simple requests - no smoking room and a quiet room away from music.
Neither of these were met. when I addressed the situation i was met by a very rude receptionist. She told they couldn't identify which rooms were directly over the stage !!! I asked was it up to the hotel guest to check this and then let them know at 2am!! Totally incompetency is one way of describing this. I could have put up with the noise and stench of smoke but the attitude of the "receptionist" was appauling. I don't think she should be in a customer facing role.
Location wise this hotel is spectacular. But that's about the only thing going for it. If they got a new receptionist it would certainly improve the first impression of the hotel and the overall experience of the hotel.

• Liked — The views from the hotel were great
  • Disliked — My two requests were not met - no smoking rooms and a quiet room - slept in a noisy smoky room
Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Dublin,Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

I was a little surprised by the tenor of some of the other reviews some of which were very negative. Let me say that my experience was very positive. However I am not in a position to comment about wedding noise as there was no weddings during my three night stay (monday arrival, thursday departure) in late June 2007.

The room was functional, bright and well maintained. There was quite nice sea views and if one wanted one could go to sleep with sound of the atlantic crashing onto to the sea shore. Perhaps the only slight quibble was that only Irish TV stations were available. There was a kettle to make tea/coffee.

We had the sett dinner one night and pub dinners the othere two nights. The price of the set diiner was 35 euro which in the Ireland of today is allright.

The staff were fine especially the waitresses in the morning.

There is a large car park too.

For Irish readers of this review I availed of a SuperValue offer. 3 nignts, 3 breakfasts and one dinner for 100euro pps. This in my view is a ridiculously cheap price.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
meath
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

save your money and sleep in your car, it`ll be a far more peacefull sleep, on arrival to the hotel we were greeted with a reception area jammed with wedding guests, the room altough extremely large ,was very grubby the tv was so small and far away from the bed it was pointless trying to watch it, our bathroom was a total disgrace the door wouldnt close and there was mould growing practically everywhere, this hotel need not worry about people stealing their towels .we wouldnt even let them come into contact with our skin ,not sure whether they were originally black or white but certainly the dirty grey color wasnt natural.....after one night of what was already a very disappointing stay (the noise from the wedding was deafening and went on till the very early hrs) we went down for breakfast . more problems, according to the hotel our breakfast was not included in our stay,altough after checking our paperwork we were intilted to it. we were offered it for 30 euro that morning. that was the last straw for us, we packed our bags and checked out ,having stayed in some low budget hotels in my time all over the world this really beat them all handsdown

• Stayed November 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

My workmates and I have just returned from an unbelievable team building weekend in Clare. My brief from HR was to book a moderately priced 3 star hotel with a location that would transport us away from our busy Dublin city centre office. I found Burkes Armada Hotel through the internet and it looked like the perfect location, away from traffic with nothing but views of the sea and nature at its best. I was thrilled when we arrived at the hotel as the website does not disappoint .......the views were even more spectacular than what is visible on the website or brochure. We received a wonderful welcome and the staff couldn't have been more helpful over our 2 day stay. Nothing was too much trouble and although the hotel was busy with a wedding and lots of passing tourists for food, we really felt like we were in Ireland of the Welcomes and were proud to be Irish. We tried our hand at surfing at Lahinch (all novices to this activity but brillant fun) and the following day, we hired a bus to take us to the heart of the Burren where we enjoyed an afternoon of hill walking and rounded off the day with a visit to the Cliffs of Moher. Although a little tired after our weekend of activity and singing till the wee hours in the morning, we all felt that this part of the world was a great way to escape from the stresses and strains of urban living and is the perfect place to get in touch with nature. Good work Burkes Armada for taking great care of us, we'll be back next year.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mayo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

we stayed there for a wedding in march o6 for 3nites. the place on arriving was buzzing and the weather and views are amazing.. so worth a visit. i'd highly recomment it.. out of all the guest staying there with us nobody could fault the place. the staff were so nice and friendly and the service was second to none.. infact they were so good on our last nite all our wedding party did a whip around for all the bar staff that had to put up with us for the three nites.. i'd highly recommend this place to anyone.. the only fault is the long drive from mayo but thats all washed away when you arrive.. the views and drives around the area are beautiful on a fine day..
go for it..

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Armada Hotel? Share your experiences!