I recently stayed in this hotel on two seperate occasions with my husband and 13 month old son. Our check in on both occasions was very straightforward, informative & friendly. On both occasions we were helped with our bags to the room which is always appreciated. Our first stay was on the first floor and our second stay was on the second floor. Both rooms were really very similar. Nice big bed, beautiful bathroom, although I feel for a 5 star you should get more than 1 shampoo and 1 shower gel to a double room! A little bit tight I felt and also I would have expected better quality products for a 5 star.
My main gripe with the bedrooms was that there was only one chair at the table in the room. We ordered room service during our first stay as we didnt want to disturbe other diners with our 13 month old son but when it arrived my husband had to use the only other chair in the room (at the desk) which ment he was towering over the table. Basically it didnt make for a comfortable meal for him and he ended up eating his meal off his lap in bed. They should provide two chairs at the table in my opinion. Unfortunately we did not find the room service menu to be adequate for any hotel, let alone a 5 star. Very limited menu! The food when it was delivered was only ok. For these reasons when we stayed on the second occasion we chose to have our evening meal in the bramley lodge across the road which i would highly recommend. Breakfast at Fota was pretty good. There was a large choice available and even some extra items on a menu that could be made to order. Overall the hotel is nice, most staff are friendly ( I found some in the bar during the day to be a bit off hand and felt like they would rather be somewhere else) The grounds are lovely for walking and I have to commend them on their playroom for kids which my son really enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork