Stayed here with family ( 2 adults and 2 kids) and really enjoyed it. The staff were very welcoming and professional. Sometimes when you stay in 4/5 star hotels with kids, staff can be a bit stuffy. Not here - they were great and made us feel very comfortable.
Rooms were fantastic and we all fitted in perfectly.
The bar food was very nice and staff very goo but a bit flustered as it was busy.
Kids loved the pool and it was safe and clean.
Breakfast also very good with great variety and child friendly - again the staff were execellent.
Location is briliant for the wildlife park and access to Cork. The only negative thing I have to say ( apart from the price but it was a treat for us ) is that it can feel quite business oriented at times with people coming and going leading to a busy reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork