“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visited the Golf club for lunch to celebrate a birthday, it was Sunday afternoon at 3.00 its wasn't overly busy but yet we waited for 40 minutes for our main courses. When they eventually arrived one member of the group had the roast of the day which was beef it was served in big thick slices which looked extremely unappetising. I personally had the clubhouse burger which after two small bites I ended up leaving on the plate, there was a very odd taste off it. As the waitress cleared the table she enquired as to whether the was a problem with the burger I explained there was a really bad taste off it. When we received the bill I was appalled to see the burger which was not eaten was still on the bill but as we were out for a birthday celebration I certainly wasn't going to make an issue of it. I will certainly not be returning.

Visited June 2013
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Golf Club, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy you're time here in the Spike Bar at the Clubhouse.

I can assure you that we strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable dining experience here at Fota Island Golf Club and with this in mind I will be passing on your comments on to the chefs for their attention.

I hope that you consider returning to the Spike Bar at the Clubhouse so we can show you the great service, facilities and food we are renowned for.

John O' Flynn,

• Polish first
ireland
18 attraction reviews
“Fantastic food .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went for lunch in Fota Island Golf Club on our way back from Cork,It was just perfect ,every thing about the place .The views were superb ' watched the ducklings they were so beautiful ' at the pond at the 18th hole .

The food was perfect and not to exspensive ,a bonus now days.The service was great althought they were really busy with a golf society outing .

We will be back soon .

Visited May 2013
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Golf Club, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out to write these kind words. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the Spike Bar at the Clubhouse and enjoyed taking in one of the many beautiful views. I will pass your compliments about the food and the service onto both the kitchen and service staff.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Fota Island Golf Club at Fota Island Resort soon.

John O'Flynn,
Ireland
“Good value for an excellent meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was really good, chose salmon, good portion, plenty of veg. Service was quick, waitress was polite, would definately recommend to friends & I am looking forward to dining there again soon!

Visited April 2013
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Golf Club, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your recent review on your meal in our Spike Bar at the Clubhouse. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I will pass your feedback about both the meal and the service onto our kitchen and bar staff.

We all look forward to welcoming you to our Clubhouse at Fota Island Resort again soon.

John O'Flynn,
Ireland
11 attraction reviews
“Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Especially good for a family occasion where you want to include young and old it's hard to beat for value, good simple food, a beautiful, CALM setting and friendly staff. Wine service at lunch time was the only hiccup and anyone ordering steak had no option but medium cook. Advice if you know there's an occasion coming up contact them well in advance. Another advantage for travelling guests is the proximity to the Hotel and Lodges. Just beautiful.

fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Golf Club, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time for this review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our Clubhouse. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the steak to our Clubhouse Manager for his attention.

We all look forward to welcoming you Fota Island Golf Club at Fota Island Resort again soon.

Kind regards,

John O’Flynn
Cork, Ireland
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Although I was aware of the Fota Island Hotel for many years, I only recently discovered a’ hidden Gem’ the Fota Island Golf Club for lunch.
The setting is absolutely spectacular and the food was delicious.
The menu had a great selection; it was reasonably priced and presented beautifully.
One thing that did stand out were the staff, they were very friendly and helpful.
I also only discovered that they cater for small weddings so my partner and I have booked it for our wedding next year.
I would highly recommend it.

Visited February 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed lunch in our Spike Bar at the Clubhouse. I am also delighted to hear that we will have the pleasure of hosting your wedding reception. We hope we can make your special day as enjoyable as possible.

We all look forward to welcoming you to our Clubhouse at Fota Island Resort again soon for another lunch and on your wedding day.

Kind regards,